Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best trails in WA?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by complexmar, Jul 25, 2003.

1. complexmar

complexmar Registered Member

What are some of the best places to wheel and or camp in the Washington northern Oregon area? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Re: Best trails on WA?

Naches is cool, just east of the mountains on highway 410, check my webshots link below for some wheeling pics from the area

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i haven't been to natches in washington yet but here in oregon tsf has some damn good trails and then there is sand lake where we are having our beach-blast event this saturday if you can make that one we have lots of good raffle prizes a warn winch new duel exhaust custom made rock sliders rear shock relocation kit and lots of other prizes /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif check out the beach blast post in this forum /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

There are some really good trails near the Lake Merwin/Cougar area in sw washington. They make tsf look tame /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif There are also some in the Scapoose area that are very challenging too.

5. complexmar

Right on, I'm very noobish to the wheeling thing. Have had lots of hobbies/interests in the past but none of them seem to stick. Usually I pump a ton of money into something, and then shortly after have a big fire-sale /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif and move on to the next toy. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif Still haven't found a blazer yet, but I'm working on it. Once I do I'll depend on you people to get me up to speed /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The group trail rides sound awesome. I just worry that I'll see what eveyone else has and mortgage the house, LOL. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

well theres plenty of places to go around here...feel free to ask as many questions as u want..i live close to ya and so does donimator, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. complexmar

OOOOOhhhhh, naches looks purdy /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

OK, you got my attention. I spend a fair amount of time up at Beaver Bay (just down from Merwin Dam on the same body of water) camping, and in the entire Mt. St. Helens area (climbed it once, ready to do it again) and have NEVER seen anything that resembles 'legal' off roading up there.

DO TELL ! ! ! ! !

9. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

naches is hands down my personal favorite place to go....anytime of the year... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifwhen u get a rig ill take ya there /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif...

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yes! I would love to know where some good camping/trails are located up north! Spill it man! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

11. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I grew up in that area up there and know every logging road and trail to be had up there. The power line road that heads east from Little Kalama Rd at the top is now open and legal for wheeling and get a little rain and oh boy what a blast to run, guarantee if you don't have a winch you won't make it through.

There is also one if you turn left at the weigh scale just before cougar there is a dirt road just 100 feet in that you can turn left on then take the first left again and lock it in because it gets ugly from there. Only problem is there is no outlet so you will have to come back the way you came in.

Another one off of Green Mountain Rd on the north side of Woodland (one of those I can drive there but can't explain it sort of things) but it does come out on the Little Kalama west side of the road but it isn't as much fun as the first 2.

Finally down on Woodland Bottoms near the Lions Day Park there is an awesome mud pit that is known to swallow trucks on 44's. The land is owned by a guy who lives in Woodland but they wheel almost every weekend down there.

Those are the one I know to be legal and open now around the Woodland area. The ones I know of near Camas I think are for the most part closed or built over with houses and if caught they will fine you big. Makes me wish my truck was ready for wheeling /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif