Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best virus software?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jan 1, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm sure we've covered this before but what do you guys find to be the best antivirus setup? I'm looking for something with limited system resources impact. Aka something that will not slow my PC down much if at all. I just had an episode with some crap that I have no idea where it came from. My usual spyware programs and windows firewall did jack to protect me and had a heck of a time working it out. I luckily downloaded a program or two that helped before the virus took over my browser and blocked all but its websites. All this programs will probably work if I have trouble again but I'd rather one set of programs that are meant to work together.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I use AVG anti-virus. It's a free download and works really good for me.

www.grisoft.com

Rene

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

What tRusty said.:thumb: AVG works good and its free! I installd it on my daughters laptop after she had a bunch of browswer troubles. Seems to work very good and uses little resources.

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I use norton anti-virus professional. Which is comes with 3 lisences for the software. It was the cheapest way to buy an anti-virus set up for more than one computer...we have two.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I use Trend Micro's Housecall, but this recent virus blocked all websites but its own so getting there was impossible. Luckily I downloaded a Task Manager program that look as everything in your Processes and lets you know which ones are actually virus gateways and such. Closed the ones that were doing the blocking and went and cleaned it all up with Housecall.

7. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

just got that taskmanager program today...pretty cool way to keep check. I don't think there is ANY program out there today that covers it all. There is too much crap out there to f with your system. You gotta use several programs to fight and keep pc clean.

later