Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best way to add lift.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 55Willy, Dec 13, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I currently hae 4" springs and 4" blocks. I will be going to a flipped rear when I finish up the full floater swap in the burb. My options are:

1) just add a 2" Body
    2) or a 3" Body
    3) 6" front springs,flipped rear and miniblock
    4) no flip and 8" springs

I want to clear the 37's without having to modify the fenders. I'd like to add the 3" body since the diesel makes the front a little lower.

-Jeremy

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Go with the 3" body and flip the rear, then if you have to, put in a zero rate up front /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, lift the body. Im generally not a big fan of tall body lifts, but a good kit properly installed can work pretty well. what i think is neat about body lifts is that they make it a lot easier to work on stuff under ur rig sometimes... just a lil more clearance between frame/body. I dunno, with some mods/installations its just handy to have that extra space. SW was saying as much in the ORD forum recently and I agree.

btw, why no fender trimming? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

this is my tow rig and daily driver, If I trim the fenders I'll end up going off road then that leads to me getting in trouble,LOL so I'm better off keeping this on the pavement /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Plus I plan to get it painted soon so I want it nice and clean for the painter.

" then why go taller for a tow rig/ DD." Burbs are too long to be so close to the ground,LOL

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

If it is for street only, go with a spring lift. Body lift will degrade the appearance of the truck and require more work to make it look right. SOunds like you want it to look good, and body lifts can do the opposite.