Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best way to bleed stubborn PS lines??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NITRO, Sep 15, 2003.

1. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

my high pressure ps line gave out so i have a new one made today out of hydralic hose at the local napa. well, now i cant get the damn line to bleed. ive tried jackin up the front end and goin lock to lock and it is stil hard as hell...specially when just idling. when i give it gas, it frees it up and i can turn....just wonderin if there are n e other ideas out there...thanx

NITRO

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

that aint the line. The PS system is self bleeding of sorts. Any air in there will get pushed into the gear box, and back into the resevoir. You couldnt keep air in there if you wanted to.

odds are, your PS pump is going. at low rpm, there isnt enough fluid moving for power assist.

3. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

well y would it just go out all of a sudden like that?? it worked great right up till when this line blew. i think i also may have got some crappy fluid in there so im gonna try to drain it and refill it with all new fluid.thanx

NITRO