Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best way to find a job?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blaze, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Anybody know of a good way to find a job? I've been searching Monster.com, trianglehelpwanted.com, hirethetriangle.com, Yahoo Careers, and the local classifieds for the past few months and haven't found anything. I've found the jobs, applied, sent the resumes, etc, but no luck. I'm still getting married in June and have no job lined up! Anybody have any suggestions what the hell I should do? I'm getting really stressed out here! I'm looking for a job as a CAD Tech/draftsman in the Raleigh/Durham area or in the Greensboro/Triad area if that helps any. PLEASE HELP! I'M DESPERATE!

BTW, I take donations. Haha.

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

When you get an answer let me know also /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

If you have not checked it out already then this may have something for you: http://www.esc.state.nc.us/

I'll be looking for a new job in about a month or so. I've been keeping an eye on Oregon's Employment Dept. website and have seen a few jobs I've not found elsewhere. Maybe your state's employment/labor dept. may have a few leads.

Good luck /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

-Aaron

4. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

i can't remember the exact addy, but type in "america's job bank", and check it out.
    you can narrow the search to your area, and field of work.

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Thanks, I'll check those out. Any suggestions on what job I should search for? I'm trained in Mechanical Engineering, AutoCAD(R14 and Mechanical 2000), Solid Works, drafting, and I am really good with my hands. If I can't find a drafting/engineering job, what should I look for?

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Sure check it out just start practicing the phrase"would you like fries with that" and " would you like to super size"..../forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. schwinnd

schwinnd 1/2 ton status

I'm in the same field you are and there are lots of jobs listed in CE Weekly. I think it's just www.ceweekly.com, yep that's it, I just tried it. Good luck.

Dave

8. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

Bryan:

I posted my resume on Monster.com about a year ago with really good results. Only problem is that I had to move to Omaha, NE. My undergraduate degree is in Mechanical Engineering like you. You can't search Monster.com very well, just post your resume and wait to hear from folks. You may want to vary the "title" field from time to time if you are not getting results. Headhunters do searches for specific words "mechanical", "Project Manager", etc. Only problem is that Monster is nationwide and you may have to move to the Frigid North like I did. Pretty Ccccold up here in the winter.

Good luck!

9. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

go to your local recruiter