Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best way to fit 37x13 Boggers on 87 K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazer_87, Apr 22, 2003.

1. blazer_87

blazer_87 Registered Member

Hello
    I finally got the funds to lift my 87 K5. I am going with 37" Boggers. I am looking for a list of items I will need. From Gears to Lift to Brake lines. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. It will be pretty much my daily driver. I dont live far from work. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Daily driver with Boggers, huh? Better build a loud stereo!

I would guess 6-8" lift with a little fender trimming. You could go 6" susp. + 2-3" body lift to keep your driveline just manageable. Brake lines are a must. A steering arm is a must. Your driveshafts will probaby be too short. If you have stock axles, start by upgrading them before you mess with the driveshafts.

DO A SEARCH. Lifts are probably the biggest thing discussed here.

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Oh yeah, go with 4.56 or 4.88 gears (my opinion).

And did I mention Do a search?

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i wouldnt run boggers on a DD either. that said, I would recommend a 4" lift (BDS is a good brand) and fender trimming to fit your 37s. 4.88 gears would be best, if your tranny has overdrive. you will need longer brake lines, I use the ProComp stainless extended lines kit... works for me. You'll need longer shocks too. Doestch Tech makes a good one, the DT8000 series... they come in all kinds of lengths, you'll have to measure to know what you'll need once you lift ur rig.

some kind of steering correction will be needed. X-over would be best, but you can use a dropped pitman arm for now. Speaking of steering, what kinda axles you have in your rig? can they handle 37s? what kinda wheelin are you gonna do?

j

5. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Buy, rent a plasma cutter and trim your fenders too
    fit the new shoes.