Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best way to fix leaking slip yoke plug?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bajaviking, Dec 5, 2003.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

The plug in my slip yoke is leaking, what is the best way to fix it. I have been thinking about just welding the SOB.

2. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

Mine was leaking in the yoke itself .I used ge industrial silicone and stuffed it there and it has'nt leaked since about $5 a tube at any hardware store .Also the 208's are notorious for leaking right at the output seal .Make sure you check that when you pull the slip yoke out ..Good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I second the silicone trick. My buddy with a driveline shop says that is all he ever does.

4. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

The output seal is completely dry and the u-joint is soaked in ATF so I'm pretty sure it's the plug. I will try the silicone, sounds cheap and easy, cheap and easy is my favorite way to fix stuff /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. berg76

berg76 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem... I first cleaned it with a little brake clean and a toothbrush. then filled it with silcone. No leak. Its been about 6 months. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif