Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best way to get carpet clean???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1badv10, Nov 29, 2004.

1. 1badv10

1badv10 Registered Member

i have the whole interior out of my truck right now and i was wondering what is the best way to get it really clean? the carpet looks fairly new, not worn or faded just has ground in dirt.. i was considering pressure-washing it and the putting it in the gear dryer at my fire house just looking for some other suggestions. thanks guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

take it down to the self car wash, scrub it wil the soap and wash it clean, then take it home and let it air dry, thats what I did and it looks good as new /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. merace19

merace19 1/2 ton status

I soaked a jeep interior (that was used as a yard truck for a county barn) with castorl super clean. Then took it to car wash and pressure washed it back to almost new. The oil and dirt protected it somehow. I even took the seat covers off and washed them in a washing machine. That truck went form smelling like a wet dog to almost smelling like new. It only took about 5 hours work and drying time.

4. 1badv10

1badv10 Registered Member

thanks for the replies guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif now my only issue is the air drying /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif, I live in New York and its freakn freezing out!!!i found out my firehouse dryer is just air dryer not a heated air dryer so it would take forever to dry... any more suggestions??? PS nobody suggested bedliner? /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif im shocked!! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

cant you hang it in your shower? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif but seriously there should be room to hang it at a fire house i wouldnt recomend useing a machine dryer cuz it might loose its shape bed liner is good for a truck where comfort isnt important but carpet is nice too

willow

6. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Just cleaned the carpet in my wife's minivan (I spilled coffee on light grey interior carpet and she was none to happy.) used this dry white powder that is meant for home carpet and furniture. Now of course I put off cleaning the mess up for a good long time so the stain set in pretty good. Generously applied this powder stuff and worked it in with the included scrub brush. Let it sit for the recommended time period and vaccumed it out. Stain was entirely gone. That stuff worked awesome. No water needed. You can pick it up at a grocery store. Maybe it was called resolve or something like that. very nice product. Sound like a friggin infomercial... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif