Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best way to hook up elec fuel pump?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PetaKane, Aug 16, 2002.

1. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Okay, my current setup is crap, but it'll get the truck home if need be. I just finished my Vortec motor swap. My little brother I swear he went to town with my wire cutters, okay I helped him. Anyway, I'm gonna have to splice the power wire to the fuel tank in with something else. Right now the only thing I can think of is running a wire from the fuse box, through the firewall and back to the fuel pump. I know one of you guys have a better suggestion..I'll take anything for now just gotta get the thing home and if I blow that fuse I'm outta luck. Oh yeah, does anybody know which wire will be the power wire and which will be the sender wire for the gauge? That'll save me a little time right there. Thanks

2. tipoil

tipoil 1/2 ton status

If ur stuck and need to power the fuel pump to get it home why not putting the wire dirrectly on the battery or maybe if u have a lighter adapter u could use ur lighter for power,dont know if the fuse would blow??but if it was me i would run the wire strait thruw the taligate,out the pass side window,into the hood strait to the batt.
    As far for the wire color could helpe u there (77 q-jet carb.here)