Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best way to lift blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Apr 23, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hey guys
    i ws wondering..im only 16 so i dont know that much about this stuff just yet..but what are the best ways..and what ways to lft a blazer..not a body lift!!..like i have heard of flipped shackls or somehting..and suspension lifts..this is all confusing me a little bit..what would be the best way to give my blazer a lift...and the most affordable..and specific companys?

thanx-Bryan

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

The best way would be to take it to Stephen at ORD and "turn him loose" on the modifications! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I use a highlift (jack) /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea lol i could get someone else to do it..and i know i will have hepl wiht it of course but i want to do it to..so i learn more about it while i do it. i want like a 4 inch lift...6 if i could get a deal on a kit! ..and im going to get my 35 tires...whats a good tire for like a begginer who will probobly be doing a lot of mud..but pretty mild..like beginner..(me) lol..

thanx guys!-Bryan

5. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

depends on what type of wheeling you plan on doing..rocks,mud,trails(we don't know where you live since you did not put this in your profile)and how much money you have to spend and how mechanicly inclined you are. money being a major factor.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

sorry..i will put that in my profile lol..i live in rochester ny! lo..yea can you say FARM FLAT LAND!!? but i would have ot g somwere to do any mud running. i am a good hands on mechanicle type perseon..my dad is a mechanic so i can get a lot of help form him..and he helps me wiht stuff liek this . i plan on doing a lot of mud trails mostly. mostly MUD! lol and yea money is a big factor!!...this is all futre plans i have for this blazer of mine.. i havnt even started a job yet!! lol..(this summer though)..so...

bryan-later

7. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

The great part about these old GM trucks are how cheap and easy it is to modify them. You can get a 4" all spring lift for under $600 if you shop around. Personnally, I'd do this:

4" front springs (my personal favorites are BDS springs - www.OffRoadDesign.com for the rear./forums/images/icons/smile.gif Cheap, quality, nice ride, and still flexy./forums/images/icons/cool.gif

For tires I like the Cooper Discoverer STT. Good mud terrain. A lot of people like the BFGoodrich MT, but for the amount they want for a set of 4, you could have 6 STT's............or just 4 STT's and more money for toys.....errrr..........parts./forums/images/icons/wink.gif The STT's last just as long, if not longer, cost less, and do just as well in the mud and on road. My local tire guy (Middleville, Michigan) tells me he doesn't even stock BFG's any more. People come in asking for them, look at the price difference between them and the Coopers, and drive off with the Coopers.

8. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Im in michigan and the terain here is a lot like you have in NY. A lot of guy's on here run shackle flips but there pretty hard core wheelers that need lot's of flex.I would look at the 4 inch four springs with shock kit's keep it at four inch when you get into the six inch lifts you're also looking a several more add on's witch can double the cost of the lift, extended brake lines,drop pitman arms,drop drag links.cv drive shafts,etc...keep reading the posts on these boards there is a lot of very knowledgable people out here that add up to thousands of years of knowledge./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

where's middleville?

10. AJMBLAZER

gotmud?, about 20 minutes south of Grand Rapids on M37. Look on a map, amazingly they put this itsybitsy place on a lot of them./forums/images/icons/tongue.gif/forums/images/icons/smile.gif About 1.5 hours from Lansing if I go the back way on M43./forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Have you checked out MOO? Michigan Online Offroaders? Small internet forum myself and some other hand state 4x4'ers started a while back./forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pub48.ezboard.com/bmichiganonlineoffroaders>http://pub48.ezboard.com/bmichiganonlineoffroaders</a>

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ahhh i c ic lol..yea think i will stick wht a 4 incher then..thats what i was thinking in the beggining..dont need something that big..but want my truck to have some good hight on it you know. thanx for the addvice!

Bryan-later

12. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ahh k..so what exactly..is a shackle flip..im not sure..(again..only 16 hear..lol)...

Bryan-thanx

13. AJMBLAZER

14. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

Is it just me, or do the grammar and spelling of these posts drive you crazy. I don't mean to be a nag, but it doesn't take long to proof read a paragraph. Proper sentence structure (or any structure) and correct spelling make reading a pleasant thing. Seriously Bryan, just a little more effort would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, and about the lift options, I'm in the same boat as you Bryan. Just trying to suck up information until I can drop some cash into the beast.

15. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok thanx..ill check these out

bryan

16. martin59

martin59 Registered Member

Is it just me, or does the grammar and the spelling of these posts drive you crazy? I don't mean to nag, but it doesn't take long to proofread a paragrah. Proper sentence structure (or any structure) and correct spelling makes reading pleasant. Seriously, Bryan, just a little more effort would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, and about the lift options, I'm it the same vote as you are, Bryan. I am just trying to suck up information until I can drop some cash into the beast.

Don't listen to him, Bryan. This is how it should be written.

17. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

18. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

"I'm it the same vote as you are" Huh?/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

19. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

Jeez Martin, you are in the same "vote" as Bryan.

20. martin59

martin59 Registered Member

At least I will admit my mistake.