Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best way to rattle-can

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ArrowheadK5, Aug 19, 2003.

1. ArrowheadK5

ArrowheadK5 1/2 ton status

is there a good way to make dupli-color spraypaint feather into the actual paint on my truck? I did some rust hiding work and it looks better, but getting a little shine would be nice.
    I suppose everyone will tell me that the best way is to go out and get is covered in mud /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif but I am interested in the hard way of doing it /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif.
    Is there a rubbing compound or fine grit sanding I could do and then chamois or something?
    Thanks a ton,
    Tom

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

wet sand with 1000 grit and buff it out with compound and a buffing wheel. buff the blend areas "outward", so the direction of the buffing wheel goes from the repair out to the original panel. that will help blend it into the old finish as opposed to removing it back to a hard paint line.

don't expect killer results....

you could also do a halfa** blend by dusting the color out and then clearing out past that. if you can go to a peak it's much easier to backtape there then blend in the middle of a panel....

hope that helps ya...