Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best way to reinstall doors/fender

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudhound72, Apr 18, 2005.

1. mudhound72

mudhound72 1/2 ton status

Ok, I just about have the drivers side patched up now, I need to reinstall the doors and fender on my burb, I am just wondering what is the best way to aline and just make everthing look good. I am also using all different fenders and doors.

Any help would be nice :cool1:

Thanks, Todd

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

hang and align your doors first to the qrters, etc... then your fenders to the doors.. then hood...

you want to have the door hung nice before fender install because the hinge adjustment to the post sucks with the fender on.. the "in/out" adjustment where the hinges bolts to the door can be adjusted easy with fenders on...

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

you want dfront edge of door to tuck into behind back edge of fender so you will want to space back of denr out just enough, and also shim top rear corner with body shims until the gap vertical between door and fender is same top to bottom

sometimes if have to shim too much then will require hole egg out at bottom back bolt hole in the cab frotn corner piece

having to egg holes out is nothing out of ordinary, sometimes it has to be done, new or used

good luck

4. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Paul gave you some good advise. :thumb: :thumb:

I'm just gonna add...
    Rebuild the door hinges if needed.

5. mudhound72

mudhound72 1/2 ton status

I hope today I can start to assembull this Burb today if everthing works out good with the rest of the patch panals for the floor and belt mount. Is it better to start with the rear door and work my forword or alline them at the same time.

6. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

doh...

didn't even realize it was a burb.. :o but the same theory applies, you always want to work off a fixed point.. such as a factory qrter and roof lines... if the back door is good to the qrter, just align the frt door to that one..... and so on..

and i'd concur with Jerry, definitely a good time to make sure you have no slop in the doors.. good advice...

any questions, shoot me a pm... :D