Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best way to relocate rear axle??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Masher, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Masher

Masher 1/2 ton status

I will soon be swapping in a 14FF with new 6" springs and an Echobit shackle flip with 6" shackles. I know I will probably need to move the axle back a little after all this. Can I just redrill the perches to move it back a little or should I order some zero-rates to move it back?? I really don't need the extra inch the zero-rate would give but what is the best way to do this??

Thanks.

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Your probably gonna need some shims anyways, and I think Atron can get you shims w/ an offset.

3. Masher

Masher 1/2 ton status

I was planning on cutting and rotating the perches to get the pinion angle set.

4. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I personally drilled out the perches and top plates to move my axle back 1 1/2'', no problems yet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I actually ran the center pin all the way through the perch so that the spring pack/top plate/and perch are all bolted together as 1 unit ; but this was on a 12 bolt and would not work on a 14 bolt (I don't think /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif) because of the solid perches but you can still just drill so that the pin sets into the perch. Just my $.02

5. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Yeah, the atrons shims are available with an offset.
    With the echobit shackle flip and stock shackle, the 1.5" offset atrong shim centered my wheel in the wheelwell nicely.
    Couldn't be happier with the A-trons.
    -- Mike