Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best way to remove my body Lift??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SnoMan, Mar 24, 2000.

1. SnoMan

SnoMan Registered Member

I bought my 88 with it on there, mistake #1, I wanna do it with my buddies instead of having it done. Any idea's????

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Zack Carlson took his whole body off the frame of his truck by using two engine hoists and some tow straps. you probably could do something like that to take out the body lift. he has pictures so you can see</font color=blue>

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I hope you don't think I'm being a jerk..... but it's the exact opposite of an install. Just do it all in reverse , such as linkage and taking the blocks out one side at a time... it's easier than you think.
    l8r,
    Riz

4. Take it off one side at a time or you'll regret it !!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Like Burb said, one side at a time. Loosen the bolts a little on one side and take them out of the other. To lift the body off of the frame, try a 2x4 block on top of a floor jack. The wood is soft enough it shouldn't mess anything up.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad