Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best way to sell your rig?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by climbingmadman2000, Jul 24, 2005.

1. climbingmadman2000

climbingmadman2000 Registered Member

Hi,

After months of deliberation I've decided to put my '73 K5 beastie on the block and see if anyone's interested. I've got an ad posted in the "Complete Vehicles" for sale forum on CK5, an ad on Craigslist, and another on cars.com. Anyone have any other thoughts on how best to sell your truck?

I love this thing, but it's sitting in the driveway more than I'm driving it.

Thanks,

Eric

shinybeast.jpg

beastinside.jpg

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

:blush: :thinking: :waytogo:
    that is a NICE rig. man, i would love to have it... BUT im short on cash....
    i wold keep it, even if it sits. its paid off im guessing and it is a beauty. it only keeps your insurance lower....
    grant

3. climbingmadman2000

Thanks...

Thanks Grant...I do love the beastie, but at 8mpg, I can't afford to drive it (full time 4wd...and not sure I want to invest the time, money and work into converting it to part time...)

BUT...I'm sure there's someone out there who does! It served me well last summer when I needed a diversion from some health problems....

Eric

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

wow...

Thats peobably THE cleanest 73 K5 I've seen!...bet you could get double what its worth in CA if you drove it to the northeast,where all the 73's are a dim memory,or the few left are in tatters.. :crazy: .

.I feel your pain as far as having to sell your truck--my 79 C10 is going up for sale,I cant afford to drive it or keep it insured and registered with no job.. :( ..hate to see it go,I like a vehicle I can fix myself(unlike my "Contour")--and it figures now that it has a decent V8 motor in it and will likely go many miles with no troubles I cant afford to keep it..but having 3 vehicles is a bit much for one person--even if I was employed,thats 8 hours a day I cant drive it!.. :doah: .
    .I need my 82 K20 for plowing,and I have to keep the Ford for its gas mileage..but the C10 is just a summer cruiser and light work truck..so since I'm nearly broke,I'd rather have the money I could sell it for,rather than the burden of keeping it on the road and watching it get rusty from lack of use.. :(

5. climbingmadman2000

Appreciate the compliment...

Thanks a lot. Like I said, the PO loved this thing, and I just picked up where he left off. I was driving it around this weekend, just really enjoying it, but wishing gas wasn't so expensive.