Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best way to ship a BIG truck from IL to TX?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KRAZIE87K5, Aug 3, 2004.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

DAMN! Just got a quote for nearly $2600 to ship my rig from IL to TX... thats reCOCKulous. Anyone out there have a better suggestion?

Its either that, or I start driving that direction with the darn thing in tow this Friday... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif In a tow rig with NO A/C into TX where its 100* everyday right now...

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

-Dan

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Its either that, or I start driving that direction with the darn thing in tow this Friday... In a tow rig with NO A/C into TX where its 100* everyday right now...

[/ QUOTE ]

All the gas is probably cheaper , you could cool off and shower at truck stops . NO A/C sucks , but when I was younger I survived AZ heat with no A/C in my Chevelle , Monte , etc . /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. KRAZIE87K5

Did I mention that I'll have my wife and two young kids with me? I would have had all four kids, but their grandparents felt for them and offered to take them for the weekend! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Its just not going to be fun... I'm really hoping someone out there knows the secret to getting this thing moved CHEAP.

-Dan

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sometimes you can hire someone too drive it for you.

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Step one, take the tires off and put them IN the truck, get some $5 rollers and bolt on there. Trucking/shipping companies will charge you an a$$load for the big tires. I found a place online that would ship a 83 K30 from Colorado to here in OK for about $500, but only if it had a normal set of tires on it. They don't like dealing with oversized, makes it tough to get on the trailers.

You might call these people and see if they offer something along these lines www.wskt.com

Do you have AAA, you might call them and see who they recomend as well.

HTH

KP

6. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

sent you a pm /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Well at least it's not the two little kids. That makes it a little better, but not much. You've got a place to stay and shower here for sure and we'd still love to have you down. I was just worried for the little ones since they are not used to the heat and would probably get sick. Get it!

8. KRAZIE87K5

Actually, it is the two little ones... the grandparents can't stomach little kids, so they took Kalea and Casey with them. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

-Dan

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

D'oh!!! Mang, those are the easy ones!!! I was lookin forward to takin casey to his first rodeo!

10. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I had an M1008 from El Paso transported to my home for $800. I also had the Brown Turd K30 delivered to me from Bountiful, Utah for $700. The tan K30 I got from Shawn in Highlands Ranch, CO was delivered to me for $300. All by the same transport driver I use here in my hometown.... Jade's Hotshot . Call directory info and ask for that name in Ellsworth, KS and get the number. I'm at the in-laws typing this and my info is back at home. If directory info can't get his number, ask them for Jay Dee Smith in Ellsworth and tell him I sent you once you get ahold of him. Ask him for a quote. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

i'll call you with some contacts.

12. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

13. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

Sheesh, for that money I will come from rochester and personally drive it. Call around, I got a quote to move my 71 blazer (on 35's) from Denver to Rochester for 800.00 and that's 1800 miles. Bigger companies shy away from "odd" loads, but make sure you check insurance on anyone you chose.

14. tunedportk5

tunedportk5 1/2 ton status

The problem with the big trucks is you can't usally put them on the big transport trucks if they have a 10 or even 8 car load to lower your price so they have to go on a flat bed trailer and it cost quite a bit more to make the trip worth it for the company and also rite now is the worse time of the year to ship your truck cause all the transport company are swamped much cheaper in winter months. buy the way who gave you that price.

15. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

well, the question of the day is - WHO'D YOU SELL IT TO??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    In a tow rig with NO A/C into TX where its 100* everyday right now...

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

-Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean NO AC???

17. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Ut oh.

Mudzer - it was fourwheelerjeff. You can rest assured you'll never see it on the trails again. The Krazie-mobile is destined for a life sitting in the junkyard collection of Fred Sanford /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

18. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

offer to pay all gas and give $750 and someone will drive it, heck i might

19. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ut oh.

Mudzer - it was fourwheelerjeff. You can rest assured you'll never see it on the trails again. The Krazie-mobile is destined for a life sitting in the junkyard collection of Fred Sanford /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

awww that's so wrong.. but it's prolly true.. [​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

20. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

is it driveable?