Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best way to ship a blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by coloradoblazers, May 18, 2003.

1. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Does anyone know the fastest/cheapest/easyst way to ship a K5 cross country? My blazer is in CO(80433) and I need to get it here in GA(31699). The cheepest qoute I got to have it shipped down here was $1500. I was thinking of renting a truck and doing it myself, but I don't have time to do so. Any ideas/help? /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Air fairs are dirt cheap right now one way. We have a group going out to Moab and they are find great prices. They are meeting up with the trucks in Denver. Is the truck streetable and drivable? Fly out and drive it back.

3. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I bought my crew cab out in CO and had it shipped to IL they where very fast and and answered any and all questions and I believe they charged 600 or 650. I bought it last thanksgiving. I can't find my reciept but if you want I'll call the dealer and find out who they where. And they are based right there in CO, thats one reason they where pretty fast. Mine showed up on a 3 car gooseneck being pulled by a dodge cummins dually. Thought I would throw that out there, because I was under the impression that it would arrive on a semi.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Also check with Wes (thatk30guy) he had Shawn's K30 shipped from Denver to Kansas last year, so perhaps he knows someone that will do it fairly cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I wouyld also get with ChevyRacing (John). He's got a big 5th wheel & might do id for the right price.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

get me a trailer and ill haul it for half that + gas

7. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Not with those 3.42 gears /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Put some small tires on it and put it in a Uhaul or Ryder truck. Find a dock that you can "borrow" and it makes loading and unloading easier. Better yet. Take a flight to yer rig and drive it back. Much cheaper, but I would like to see the look on the worker at UHaul when you drive a rig out of the back!!!