Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

best way to ship?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by GRAYTEXK5, Feb 3, 2004.

1. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

I found a windshield frame that I'm thinking about buying, but I've never had anything like that shipped, so I'm wondering what would be the best way to ship it and how much it should cost? the guy said he checked with UPS, and it was gonna be either about $30 or $100, depending on what the box was like, from houston to ft. worth? I can live with 30, but 100 seems a little high to me? anyone know of a better company? also, is $75 a good price for a 73-75 windshield frame? thanks for any help you can give.

2. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Might be cheaper just to go pick it up?

3. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

yeah, at a hundred bucks, it definitely would be cheaper to go pick it up. but that's still a bit of a long drive just for that one fairly small thing. I just wondered if anyone that's shipped that type of stuff before, might know of a better company to go through. I figured that can't be the cheapest rate, but I'll keep checking. thanks

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

UPS has some weird size limitations. depending on the actual box size, not just weight, It could be that high. See if he can do fed ex? Alot of times, with larger stuff, i have found Fed Ex to be alot cheaper. I sent some 31's to TX from here in NY. UPS wanted 175.00 for shipping and the Feds was 86.00 /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

Try "Forward Air" or "BAX Global" /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

FedEx ground for sure! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Shipped a few large things about a month ago was VERY surprised, and happy, with the prices. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status