Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best way to transport a Blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bandit175, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Bandit175

Bandit175 Registered Member

I need to move a non drivable blazer about 280 miles. Any suggestions. Uhaul said they don't have a trailer or dolly big enough. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. BTW it is a 75 if it makes any difference. Thanks, Josh /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

dont you have any Equipment rental places around where you live? go look for a flat bed trailer....

Uhaul must be retarded cuz a few weeks ago we hauled my dads 84 c20 pickup on one of their flat beds, it fit fine and it is quite a bit longer then a k5.......

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Best way is to pay some Auto Transporters company. That way it's insured should something bad happen. If you think about how much it would cost to rent a trailor, fuel costs, and your time, the transport company really isn't a bad idea. But you do miss out on the fun of hauling it yourself.

4. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i used a uhail trailer to move cross country with my blazer.the tires didnt fit to good on the trailer but it didnt have any problems along the way.at first they said it would not fit.but then they looked it up in their book and saw that they did have a trailer with the correct weight limit.maybe call the biggest uhaul place you can find and have them look it up.the only real problem i had was the tires were too big for the straps that are supposed to got around them and tie into the frame rail of the trailer.so i just hooked it around the front axle on either side of the shock mount and put a couple of extra chains to the front end so it wouldnt move.

5. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

The blazer should fit. If u-haul won't rent it to you bacause it's for a k5, just tell them you're towing a samller car(chevy cavalier). That's the cheapest way to do it, and I've hauled many full size trucks with their car hauler trailer.

Mike

6. tp85

tp85 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just a thought: They may not rent to you because of the vehicle towing the blazer. When I towed my blazer they said ok to the flatbed rental as soon as I told them I was using a 3/4 ton suburban to pull. They (their computer system) consider both vehicles.

7. ratlover

ratlover 1/2 ton status

Uhaul is retarded. I was told my 80 3/4 ton wouldnt be heavy enough to tow a 70 chevelle. There was 300 # difference. They still wouldnt consider it even though I told them the motor and trany from the car would be in the back of the truck. Stupid idiots /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I'm sure they have a trialer that will suport it(maybe not at that location though)

What are you using to tow? I vote for a impliment place that will rent to you. Use a trailer not a dolly. If you tell Uhaul you want the biggest one they have have to haul you "caviler" and something happens its your ass. If you do go with a dolly yank the rear driveshaft, dont just put it in N