Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Best web page designer?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dieselmh, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I'm getting ready to make my own web page for my car club/mechanic shop and am looking for a good web page designer. I don't want to sit down and type all that html code in notepad, so what do I use? Are there any easy/user friendly programs out there? I plan on hosting it on a DSL line here at work on one of our old PCs. My boss is fine with that, but I need to make the page first. Thanks for the help.

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Frontpage and dreamweaver are both very simplistic programs.... If you have questions just ask there are many of us out here who can help you with html problems you run into

3. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Well it mostly depends on how much you want in the page. If you want simple buttons (no roll overs) and not much in graphics you can go with Trelix. I started with trelix and it was a great learning tool.

If you want to go for everything try Macromediaa Dreamweaver. (same company that makes flash, fireworks, etc...) It works great with Fireworks (which I is just like Photo shop you can use the same plug ins with it. IE eye candy etc... )and the tools are very close. You can make a page design and graphics in fireworks and export it into dreamweaver. even edit it back and forth. Or just make the whole thing in dreamweaver. Its so flexable. So far its the best I have found. Its able to do so much more then what I have done with my site.

http://macromedia.com

4. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Mandy, what about netscape composer?

5. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Thanks a bunch guys. I'm gonna get Dreamweaver and see if I can figure it out. My girlfriend has it, so I won't have to buy it, I'll just use her PC. Thanks again.

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I have not used netscape composer. Just Trelix and Macromia Dreamweaver. I did try Adobe Go Live. I couldnt get used to it and it frustrated me. It works well for others though.

Have you tried it, how has it worked for you?

7. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

have'nt used it, just know the price is right......free /forums/images/icons/wink.gif