Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bestop seats?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by naranja72, Apr 17, 2003.

1. naranja72

naranja72 1/2 ton status

Has any used the bestop replacement seats in their trucks, and if so what do you think of them?
    tia,
    Marc

2. Blue Bus

Blue Bus Registered Member

I put a set of their mid-line seats in my 72. I used the factory seat brackets, I just re-drilled holes in the base of the seat. They sit a couple of inches higher than the factory seats, and I can't use the passenger side flip forward feature anymore (high back buckets). They are pretty comfortable though. I think I'd just have my original seats re-done if I had to do it again. Just my $.02.

3. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Don't know about the seats in question but my Brother had a 91 wrangler. HE replaced the seats with SteelHorse cheap-os and they where comfy.

I just picked up some Pontiac Fiero seats. THey are said to be Racaro's line just in a production car. I got mine for Hella Cheap $14.00 a peice with speakers in the head rest and they work No tears or burns nothing. I had to make a frame for it them to bolt to. That was the hardest part... sorry if I didn't answer your Q? GOOD LUCK! KEN

4. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

i have pontiac buckets in my k5

a little small if u ask me

more than a time or two i had to hold on to the window crank to keep from falling out, lol