Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bestop soft top owners.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big pappa b, Jun 30, 2004.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I just acquired a used top. Not sure what model it is, Tigertop maybe. It has snaps for around the bottom of the windows and along the top, windows can be rolled up.

Does anyone has a copy of the installation instructions they can mail me??? It looks pretty straight forward but I was really want to know if I'm missing anything before I start /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    The Bestop website mostly list stuff for jeeps for the install stuff. I emailed them as well.

I hope this strange cat smell comes out /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

2. big pappa b

anyone?? How bout some pics of the inside where the support bars mount?? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

There is a guy selling them brand new on ebay right now so I bought one and because I'm impatient I called bestop to get a copy of instructions and they faxed them to me within 5 min. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif My top will be here wenesday /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I've got the whole shebang. I did a write up on the install. Here's the list of parts,

1 Top /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    4 hoop pieces
    2 brackets
    500 snaps

Here's the writeup I did on mine

http://www.c4x4.com/tech/besttop/besttop.html

If you have any questions, let me know. I may also have it all saved in a word doc where I re-wrote their instructions (yes, they WERE that bad.)

5. big pappa b

THANK YOU KYLE /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

Don't even joke about 500 snaps ...cause it aint funny /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    THANK YOU KYLE /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

Don't even joke about 500 snaps ...cause it aint funny /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my article, I've got a tip on that. USE TWO DRILLS!!!!!! You'll be hurtin if you don't.

Here's some pics of the bow bracket install that are not in the writeup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like I said, if you run up on any questions, let me know. I've got getting them on and off down to an art /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. big pappa b

Thanks again Kyle, I was goona ask about the brackets. Where can I get more snaps. I seem to be missing about 12-15 /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks again Kyle, I was goona ask about the brackets. Where can I get more snaps. I seem to be missing about 12-15 /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a bunch more for mine from Wal-Mart. I also picked up a few from a boat top mfg here in town. It's not that I'm that bad about them, some of the original ones started to rust so I pulled them, tossed em, filled the hole on the truck with some paint and siliconoe then put new back in. Also, Ace Hardware carries the pins and alligator clips that hold the bow's on in case you lose those. They are a PITA and when you drop one, it's a ring tailed #*@&$ to find em again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I just received mine from Airborne Express and it seems mine is an older style but I was missing the brackets completely it had truck topper style handles instead /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif so I called Bestop and they are sending me a new bracket kit no questions asked /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Try them they will probably send you some /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. big pappa b

Where at in Walmart? I have to go there later anyway

11. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Where at in Walmart? I have to go there later anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

Over in the sewing dept. I found them looking for some other stuff

Don't laugh, I'm can TRULEY KICK ASS on a sewing machine /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Every year at halloween my wife an I make all our of niece and nephews costumes. It's a freakin blast /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

FYI, and this is TOP SECRET /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif the back window of my top seperated out from the top, I called BESTOP to find out what they recomended to fix it, they said top replacement is the easiest, asked my address and sent me a NEW TOP NO CHARGE!!!! Their customer service IS really, good, even if their instruction manual shows a Bronco drawn by a 3 year old with a Big Chief Tablet /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. big pappa b

HAHA...I'll have to come by and maybe we can make a new wardrobe or something /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I use to sew a lot too but the ex took the sewing machine...BITCH! and she never used it
    Anyway, I guess I'll wader around there later. Check out some new fabric designs or something /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Thanks again