Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bet my neighbors thought I was a redneck tonight

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fulltopblazer, Sep 24, 2002.

1. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

My neighbors were lovin me tonight. We had a pretty good wind storm come through here this weekend and it blew down two fence panel beside my house. When I got off work tonight I decided to fix it, well it broke a post of in the ground. When I started to dig it up I realized it was in concrete so I continued to dig . After about an hour of diggind and a hole that was getting bigger and bigger( about 3ft in diameter and 3ft. deep)a light came on in my head. I've got a ramsey 8500lb winch on the front of the blazer, so off to the shop I go to get it. When I returned man was everybody breaking their necks to see what I was doing. I very rarley ever bring it home not to mention it is covered in mud still from the last trip. To tie this long story up it pulled it out with no problem, I've never seen someone use so much concrete on one little fence post. It was about 4ft deep and a good 18" in dia. It was a pretty funny sigth though. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Ya daggum Okie redneck /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That reminds me of a story.
    My dad has a 64 jeep j20 stepside with a PTO and 32's. its kind of a greyish green, kinda hard to explain. well anyways the neighbors always complain about it. When i was little our neighbor was trying to pull out this treestump. They had a guy with a new (at the time) fullsize chev extended cab on 35's tring to pull it out with his 8k lb warn. well hes giving it all hes got just to hear his motor bog down. My dad sees the fiasco and heads on over. He calmly suggests that he could go get his pick up and pull it out with his PTO slicker than snot. The other guy stubburnly exclaims that this is a brand new winch and will do the job fine. My dad went home and broke out the jeep. hooked up to the log and first try had it out. The other guy got in his truck and left, without saying a word.
    The old jeep is now on a frame up and sits with about 6" lift. its gonna be pimp when its done

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Did the same thing when we had to pull stumps in my front yard. After I got done, the yard was thoroughly arreated! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Pulled a post out of a friends yard with my Blazer. Log chain, 4 low in reverse, came right out the ground with no questions. Lots of onlookers though.