Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bet the last second hurt.. or why motorcycles might be dangerous

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by camiswelding, Mar 20, 2006.

1. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

A picture is worth a thousand words.
    The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them.. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.
    [SIZE=+0]
    All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken. [/SIZE]

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

That's crazy.

3. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

i really wanna get a bike...and i hope to god after i get good at rideing it i never go that fast

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

A little common sense goes a long way.

5. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

Thats why I drive a blazer.

6. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

too bad the guy just didn't hit a tree or wall.. so sad innocents had to die too... :(

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

kinda looks staged but probably only because they rmoved what was left of the bodies and tryed to put everything back the way they found it...

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I'm pretty sure that there was at least one action taken, but I would guess that involuntary evacuation of the bowels may be quicker than 1.6 sec.

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i'm with fumes on this one. its too clean.

looks more like a race bike than a street bike to me.

10. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Looks like they did some cutting but with three bodies you would have such a mess that you would not be able to clean it out. The drivers seat looks to clean to have a body on it at some time that was hit with a bike.

11. TexasA&Mblazer

TexasA&Mblazer 1/2 ton status

Uhh guys, read. :doah:

12. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

@ 155 mph I think that car would be in two pieces.

13. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I don't know, it looks like there's some good color here:

Splatter.jpg

Splatter.jpg

14. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

We had a deputy killed in a radiocar during a run to a burglary call... he was driving too fast and lost it.. killing him and injuring and medically retiring his trainee...
    the department saw fit to put the remains of the radiocar onto a flatbed and it traveled around and sat at each station for a month... still had the blood and guts in it.. after a couple of stations there was such an outcry from the line deputies they pulled it and crushed it...

we knew he screwed up just like each of us knows that driving H.U.A. with the big red gumball on top gets you killed too... a little steel and a seatbelt doesnt make you superman.... even if some coppers get that attitude

I dont know if the photos were staged in this post... but I too saw what appeared to be "biological matter" in the pics... I think they are probably genuine

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

bikes are just crazy if you ask me. It doesn't matter how good or safe of a driver you are... you could be Dale Earnhart re-incarnated... if someone else is an idiot (and more than half the population is!) you can be dead in the blink of an eye. If I'm gonna get rammed by some moron in his car, I want some steel around me for some protection...

j

16. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

that's unbelievable.... staged? how do you figure, exactly?? just wondering...

17. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

the "biological matter" seen in the pics, oddly enough is right where the A pilar would be, and the A pilar is not clearly visible in the pics. ironically enough, the car is red. from experience with wrecked cars, i can tell you that blood doesnt stay bright red for very long.

18. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The reason I think it was staged is you would have so many body parts and stuff you could not clean it out. I picked up a car three months after the accident happened where three members of a family were killed. When I put it on the flat bed blood came pouring out the back. With the kind of wreck that the bike was in and three people dead the car would be filled with parts. Now the story may be true but they did some serious cleaning after the fact. I picked parts of skulls out of a car before, even when you get in a fender bender that some one is not wearing a belt and doesn't have air bags the windshield usually keeps hair and blood. The smell of the bodies would be horrid in that VW

19. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

There was a post on here some time ago where someone had hit a deer at speed. It had come through the front screen and virtually out the back. That car was thick with blood and guts. Even worse than jules' car when Vincent blew Marvins head off. I don't think they could even have power washed that car and bike clean, even if the relatives had agreed to it. I also don't think the bike would still be in the car if he hit it that fast. A 450lb + bike at that speed? I don't think it would be recognisable, nor would the car be in one piece. IMO.

20. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's quite possibly a recreation (demonstration) taking parts from an actual wreck. Still makes you think.