Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

better brake pads? EBC green stuff 4x4

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by moturbopar, Sep 11, 2005.

1. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

Hi all I am in the middle of doing f-250 shock mounts and relocating my front shackles, since I have the wheels off I decided to go aahead and try to find some better brake pads. I have looked all over the place and found a couple that look like they might be interesting. I found raybestos superstops 41.99 autozone, satisfied pro ceramics 39.99 at checker and EBC greenstuff 4x4 69.99 at pep-boys. I also found that Tirerack.com has the same EBC greenstuff on clearence for $25!!!!!
    Has anyone here tried the EBC green 4x4 pads? I used some on my old thunderbird and they worked very well, but not sure how well they will work on something 2 times as heavy!

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

from what i understand about the ebc brakes, the green stuff is mainly for performance driving applications...should work ok...not sure about pad life. but if you can get them for 25 you could buy two sets for the price of the raybestos stuff (which i like the surestop line)

*edit* and they are a pretty green color :)

ryan