Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

better gas milage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Guss, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Guss

Guss Registered Member

has any one tried those as seen on tv throttle body spacers that are supposed to get you better gas milage?? and if so are they worth it, or do they work

2. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

ehhh.... search the forums for mileage, and you might find some interesting posts... though nothing has yet been said about those spacers I don't think...

3. Guss

Guss Registered Member

thanks

4. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

Theres not too much easy stuff u can do to gain mileage...i threw on a TB spacer since it was given to me, no gains...just looks neat and with a flipped air cleaner lid sounds neat. E-fans seemed to give me more mid to high end power. I wanna go on a trip again to see if i can actually break 13 mpg...last time i was close, but didn't do it. I think i am getting slightly better mileage from it, but it does do wonders for cooling, so even if i were to lose mileage (which im not) then its still worth it. Other than that, having the correct gearing helps out a lot. In some cases headers and intake can improve mileage SOME...but don't expect much more than 1 mpg increase if u are lucky.

5. Guss

Guss Registered Member

could i up grade to mpi from a newer truck and if so how tuff is it. right now all inow is that my blazer gets about mpg while my 8.1 suburban gets 15.7???
    hmmm wierd.