Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Better people than I

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Oct 6, 2006.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Just reading an article on the funerals of the Amish girls killed in the school shooting:

The attack was so traumatic there is talk that the school house may soon be razed to erase the memories. But many Amish have embraced Roberts' relatives, who may receive money from a fund established to help victims and their families. Roberts' wife, Marie, was invited to attend the funeral by the family of Marian Fisher; it was unclear whether she attended.

At the behest of Amish leaders, a fund has also been set up for the killer's widow and three children.

full article: http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/06/amish.funeral.ap/index.html

That article just broke my heart. Not only the deaths of these girls (one family lost two) but that these people have it in their hearts to try and reach out to the killer's widow in more ways than one.

2. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

the amish are a weird people there was a big thing all over the radio stations about some nutjob that went on fox news and was attempting to picket the little girls funerals and saying stuff like they deserved to die and so on, things got pretty crazy

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

No 7 year old deserves to die, that guy's an asshat no matter what his beef is.

And they may indeed be weird people but it takes a big heart to say they forgive the killer, invite his wife to the funerals of the children he killed, and set up a fund for his kids. Like I said, better folk than I by a long shot. That kind of forgiveness just doesn't exist in me.

4. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

The Amish have really impressed me on this whole situation. The world could be a much better place if we all tried to show the same compassion and forgiveness as they have.

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

what kind of dick head would do that. he needs to be shot.:mad: :mad: it doesn't matter what the parents do it was a child.ass hole.why am i never by those people when they nut up so i can at least feel better about myself from smashing there skull in.:confused:

6. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

it was actually a chick that runs a chruch i cant rember her name but she and her family are all whackjobs they go around and protest military funerals they have a big beef with soldiers dieing and they think that god killled them for a good reason or some bs she is a serrious screwjob

but yes i feel bad for the amish actually they want nothing to do with the media but the media keeps pushing for a story they asked time and time again for the media to stay out of their communites while seeking storys

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You said it. No matter what people may think of them as a whole, we could all learn from their example. And the protester, as far as I'm concerned - no quarter. But I'll bet that the Amish would forgive him also.

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

if you find her name let me know brother. at least maybe i can e mail her and bitch.free speech is one thing but there is a responsible thing.

9. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

OOOOOHHHHH, those Westboro Baptist idiots. I'd like to introduce my 5# sledge to Pastor Fred Phelps nuts. I fuggin hate those guys, a bunch of guys in the Denver area from colorado4x4.org got together and took their big-ass trucks and blocked out these idiots at a Marine funeral so the family wouldn't have to see them.

Right after I started this thread I was driving home and heard on the radio that the two oldest girls asked the guy to shoot them first and spare the younger ones. He did shoot them first and then went on to shoot the little ones anyway. I'm not often like this but I walked through the door at home and started crying when I saw my two girls.

10. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Good to see a beacon of goodness from at least some people in a world so full of hate and death... As a Christian, I totally hate those Westboro morons. If they ever come North of the border, they had better stay far, far away from where I live... I'm not sure I'd show the same restraint many US citizen have had. Funerals are sacred things, leave your politics, and fanatism out of it.