Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BETTER RIDE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tim_87, Feb 7, 2001.

1. tim_87

tim_87 1/2 ton status

I AM LOOKING FOR A SMOOTHER RIDE IN MY 87. IT HAS A MILD SWAYING PROBLEM IN TURNS. ALSO RIDES VERY ROUGH. IT HAS NO LIFT,THE SPRINGS IN FRONT ARCH DOWNWARD. WHAT WOULD BE BETTER HAVE THEOLD SPRINGS REARCHED OR REPLACE THEM WITH A 2" LIFT. COULD THE PROBLEM BE MORE WITH THE SHOCKS OR SPRINGS OR BOTH. I AM LOOKING FOR A SMOOTHER AND SOFTER RIDE.
    CONVERTED JEEP MAN

2. achuskies69

achuskies69 1/2 ton status

<font color=purple>well i had the same problem when i got my 82 K5. the ride just sucked, so we replaced the Gabriel gas shocks with Rancho 9000s and put Energy Suspension bushings on the swaybar, this helped my ride alot and it was 10 times better than when we got it
    the spring thing i dunno about, so maybe one of the other guys can help you out there...

<font color=orange> if you cant beat 'em, drive over 'em </font color=orange>

3. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

First off kill the caps lock.
    As for the ride, a 2in soft ride suspension with good shocks ( like RS 9000 ranchos) and greaseable polyurethane bushings along with Off Road Designs sway bar correction kit will make a world of difference.

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The "downward" arch on the front springs is intentional. They're called negative arch springs. That's the way GM designed them to keep the ride height low.

Please turn off the "Caps Lock" key on your keyboard. It's very hard on the eyes! [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>