Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

between sirius satelite radio and my ipod...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddysub, Mar 23, 2006.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i dont think ill ever even listen to CDs again... its crazy i remember when casettes were out dated by CDs now it seems CDs are going the same direction... since i bought my sirius radio 3 months ago ive listened to maybe 5-6hrs of regular radio. and since i got my ipod a week ago i havent even turned on the satelite radio.. anyone else got sirius? whats your fav channel mine is definetly 28, faction, jason ellis is hilarius!

2. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

27 Hard Attack

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Octane. :D

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Casettes? I remember when having a reel-to-reel in the home system was an audiophiles dream... :yikes: Then there were 8-tracks. :rolleyes: My kids were totally amazed the day I fired up the turntable and played some vinyl for 'em. :crazy:

5. BlazenHeart

BlazenHeart 1/2 ton status

I 2nd channel 20

6. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I have both in my Semi, I mostly listen to 61 Prime Country but somedays I just listen to the iPod insted.
    I hardly ever bring CD's with anymore unless it's something I just haven't loaded into the iPod yet.

7. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Skratch, its been a long time since Ive seen you around...

8. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Yeah, my dumb ass got hooked on the Fiero and I quit working on my rig :doah: till a buddy in Germany had me pick up his new 91 Cherokee with the lift and a bunch of goodies.
    I remembered how much I was missing so I'm back.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I have Sirius also, but I still liston to CD's alot. But I do not have a IPOD.

10. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

I got 2 words for everyone here.

MP3 CD

11. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Thats what I do to, nothin like 180 songs on a CD. Thing that blows about up where Im at work, the only stations I can get is the sucky 100.1 ... family type radio. The college station from back home will come in sometimes depending on the truck. other wise its just 70s - 80 rock stuff which isnt bad, but I like alt rock more

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

89.7 down in Council Bluff's (Iowa Western Community College) is a great alt. station.

13. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

ya, at night sometimes when im back in the area i went to highschool in I can pick that up. I cant get it up here in emmetsburg though. 89.7 the River

97.5 the edge out of storm lake is pretty good. it drops off in the summer a bit cuz all the student DJs are gone

14. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

That would be nice, but the stupid CD player skips too much in my Semi and I can load over 2500 songs on the iPod.
    Plus I doubt the chepo stereo in my rig would even support MP3 CD's:doah:

15. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I cant keep up...

I still have an AM/FM/8 track player in my 79 C10,and have almost 200 cassettes ...only started buying CD's a few years ago when I finally bought a CD player--I have maybe 15 -20 CD's!.:eek1:
    ...the cassettes are slowly being eaten one by one,every winter a few more succumb to the cold..I have about 10 8 track tapes left,but I see more all the time at flea markets and pawn shops.some still in the cellophane wrappers!--for 1 buck or less!..some good "classic rock" ones too,and old country stuff..

I still have a record player and some albums,but never use them anymore..probably the turntable has perished from an overdose of dust bunnies ,being stashed under my bed for 20+ years now..:p:

I'm way behind on todays hi-tech gadgets and gismos..never owned a cell phone,and I'd be hard pressed to even USE one if someone hands me one!..

I despise cell phones..they kill people when used in moving vehicles,and now I cant even talk 5 minutes to ANYONE ,in person,without a F'n phone call interrupting..was bad enough when a home or buissiness phone would interrupt,now you have to stand there 20 minutes while they answer BOTH phones,and IGNORE you!...:mad:

Plus the fact you can now be nagged anywhere you go,by anyone who wants to be a PITA..used to be you could say "Oh,you called??--I guess I wasn't home"...now your harrassed everyplace you go.."Honey,can you stop at the store and pick me up some tampons on your way home??" etc..etc..:doah:

Never had a "pager",or any other similar device for "text messages"...all greek to me!..

I've never seen an Ipod yet,heck,I've never even seen or used a laptop computer yet..lucky I can use my desktop ,with its antiquated dial up moden ,and only 64 meg of RAM..

AM,then FM...vinyl records,then the 8 track---then cassettes..then the CD came along..now there is 3 or more different CD's!..I think its all planned in advance..lets build something new every 5 years,and make the old stuff un-useable and obsolete..so we'll have to BUY everything again,and again..sigh..:surepal: