Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Beware Moser Front axles

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rhuarc31, Jul 17, 2005.

1. rhuarc31

rhuarc31 Registered Member

:mad: Ordered the Moser dana 60 front axles, Less than ten minutes out on a trail I can take in my stock truck, the driver side broke right at the ears. And here's the nice little kicker for you, when I called Moser they would do absolutely nothing about it. Their axles that are advertised as indestructible have absolutly no warranty at all. Could at least give a discount on the replacement for chrissake. My stock axles take more abuse and live longer. Oh and for those of you who didn't realize that 294 a pair is an inner and outer pair, not side pair, so a complete set will set you back around 600. For that kind of money a little customer service would be nice I'd think. I'll be shopping else where I think :mad: and I'd reccomend steering away from them to anyone else.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

That's odd since I've heard nothing but good about their customer service........

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Not to rub salt in the wound, but let me tell an opposite story about Superior Axles. I ordered up a set of replacement axles for my rear Copr14ff from Superior. They are listed as a "heavy duty" replacement in the catalog. They didn't list their Evolution series for the Corp14, or at least didn't then. So, I call up ORD and order a pair through them. When I receive the axles, I open them up and find a set that looks like a pair of stock axles. Not only are they stock, they look to be used, pulled from somebody elses Corp14. In fact, I find the Dana part number on the outside edge of the outer flange. Needless to say, I give Stephen a call at ORD and tell him I'm none too pleased. Steve calls up Superior and tells them he has an unhappy customer.

Superior steps up to the plate and tells Steve that not only will they replace the axles they sent, they will custom make some 4340 Chromoly axles for my Corp14, no additional charge. They don't even sell these yet, although they've been planning to. So, Steve being savvy, tells them they should take care of their re-sellers too. Superior agrees and makes up two sets of 4340 Chromoly axles, one of me, one for Steve as a freebie. Not only that, they said they would send somebody to pick up the old axles, but never did and just let me keep them too. As a result, I will continue to use Superior for my axle needs..... :waytogo:

4. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I had Moser ship a replacement axle too me at a drag race overnight they footed the bill so I could race the next day. Call someone else there

5. gonecheenin

gonecheenin 1/2 ton status

I've been seriously considering pulling my Yukon's to carry as spares and buying superiors from Stephen to run regularly in my Bluggy's 44

that story pretty much convinced me that would be majorly worth while :D

6. rhuarc31

rhuarc31 Registered Member

was it a front or rear axle they replaced for you, as they do warranty the rears, just not the fronts they said

7. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Dessert Rats was a rear (14 Bolt).

Blazinzuk I'm guessin' was a rear. Not too many 4x4s hit the 1/4 mile, and when they do, the front hubs are unlocked.

Eric M.

8. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yah mine was a rear 40 spline 9" about 12" long a(drag racing ya know)

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

10. cycochevy

cycochevy Registered Member

mossers

i bought a set of mossers aels for my drag car, after i got them i called them to find out where my stickers are, they tell me that the axels i got were not rece axels and did not have a warrenty on them. due to the fact 28 spline. i payed for race axels. they wouldn't give me the differance back or take them back. Last thing i will ever by from mosser.....