Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Beware of the boltlocker

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73k5blazer, Aug 5, 2005.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Bought a set of bolts off a company on eBay (user id Boltlocker, web www.boltlocker.com), I wouldn't buy from again.
    His kits are a total mismatch of misc. parts. I had the wrong diameter intake bolts, carb bolts were for aftermarket Holley not a stock qjet,, valve cover bolts won't fit (wrong head type).
    When I nicly emailed him with the issues, he writes back basically calling me a liar and that I'm not being reasonable. I'm like, hey, just pointing out the bolts that I can't use because they don't fit! He did refund though, but I had to eat return shipping which kinda of ticks me off, but it's better than a sharp stick in the eye and crappy bolt kit.
    I'd steer clear of this guy and his kits!

Attached is the text of the email conversation (start at the bottom).

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

4.3 Center Bolt Aftermarket Valve Covers

My 92 and 94 4.3 Vortec had manifolds like a stock 350, non tubular and hex head bolts for the Valve Covers. Sounds like he gave you kit mostly for the older ones...sucks man. I like how he says studs are not available in the aftermarket... :rolleyes: Has he ever looked at an ARP catalog?

3. 79_hootie_k5

79_hootie_k5 Registered Member

Obviously. :dunno:

4. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That guy is a bonafied douchebag. He clearly doesn't know what fasteners belong on what engine and is only sending out "what will probably fit" instead of sending out "what will fit".

He probably just resells Fastenal junk anyway.

Ever think about sending him this thread? He should find it amusing.

5. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I will send it to him, but after he refunds the dough. (I just recieved the kit yesterday, and sent it back this morning, when he gets, he's supposed to refund the money).
    I don't want to upset him until then...
    Oh yeah, and one additional note, in my second response to him, I attached pictures of the ill fitting bolts attemping to put them in their respective parts, furthur proving my case since he though I was making it up, but he insists that he himself built many 4.3l with this very kit, He didn't mention anything about my pictures. Loser....