Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bfg all- terrain 35 x 12.5 x 15

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kristoffer, Jul 4, 2001.

1. kristoffer

kristoffer Registered Member

is anybody driving bfg all-terrain.
    how are they in mud, snow, rocks,..............

Kristoffer
    1977 blazer k5 cheyene

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have a set of them, but I don't run them anymore. Good thing I bought them used.

1. They absolutely suck in mud. There's no other way to put it. You might try Hoosier ET Drag slicks instead. You'll proably get more traction.

2. Shallow snow like on the road, they're great and cut right down to the road. In deep snow they perform much like they do in mud.

3. No rocks in Illinois, never tried it.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I run 33x12.5-15 BFG AT's.
    -Dirt: Good in loose/sandy/gravelly dirt.
    -Mud: Don't waste your time unless it's only a couple inches deep..
    -Rocks: Air 'em down a little and they're OK. Nothing spectacular, just OK.
    -Sand: Air 'em down some more and they're one of the best sand tires around for stock vehicles.
    -Snow: Great. I haven't have any problems, even in deep snow. Most of the guys with snowplows where I live (Philadelphia area) run BFG AT's.
    -Street: Probably the best tire for the street that is actually capable of some offroad performance.

These are my opinions, I'm sure others will disagree...

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style...
    [​IMG] <font color=green>Semper Maintenance!<font color=black>

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Good all around tire.... I picked up Pro Comps that are already sipped and will see how they are. Decent so far.

But just thought I'd add overall any tire you get in mud is gonna suck except a Boogers.. even swampers suffer a bit in deep mud.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</A>

5. K10

K10 Registered Member

I run a set of 35 X 12.5 X 15 BFG AT K/Os. They have worked great on everything except for mud. I think they do better in deep snow than my swampers do. I have a set of swampers i throw on if I ever am going to play in the mud. Otherwise I run mt BFGs.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://nick.rockcrawler.com>http://nick.rockcrawler.com</A>

6. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Ran these tires for 2 years. They are the best tire for the job if you want to drive your rig every day. They only down fall that I have seen is mud. They will work okay in shallow mud but anything else you'll need a good pair of boots for. They;ll handle just as good as anything on the rocks, even better sometimes because more of the tire grabs the surface compared to deep treaded tires. They wear exceptionally well if taken care of. Easily balenced. Smooth ride. Overall a good tire. Hope this helps, question is how much mudding do you want to be doing?

You call that dirty!?