Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bfg Mt's Or Trxus Mt's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rocknutah, Dec 15, 2005.

1. rocknutah

rocknutah Registered Member

I need tires for my blazer. Should I go with BFG mud terrains or the TRXUS MT?

2. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

My buddy just went from BFG MT's to TRXUS MT's and he loves his decision. More siping and sidewall tread. I am going to get TRXUS MT's for my next tires.

3. mtrdrms

mtrdrms 1/2 ton status

I have the BFG's and I could not be happier. They balanced well, they wear well, they arent that loud and they work like a slightly worn swamper. The thing with the TRXUS is they are a bit bigger which I like. I have the 35" BFG's and they are actually about 34" and the TRXUS is actually about 36". I looked into this same question when I was looking to buy tires and I decided to go with the tried and true BFG's - I also like the looks of the pattern better!

4. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

I only have experience with the Trxus MT's but I love them so far. Great road manners, quiet, and great in the mud and snow. I can't speak for their wear though I haven't put enough miles on them to say.

5. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

I have about 10 members in my club running Trxus and they are a truelly amazing compromise tire. I used to like BFGs for a compromise but the trxus surpase them all the way. Stronger sidewalls, longer lasting treadwise, better offroad and onroad traction in all conditions.
    We did a little test on a roadtrip. After about 100 miles of highway driveing we stopped and checked the tread temp by feel. The trxus are way cooler and firmer after high speed runs than the BFG but still as soft when cool for wheeling.

6. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I've ran both. The BFG's on the road were quieter, smoother, balanced easier, were relatively quiet, and lasted longer. The Trxus MT's are louder, harder to balance, and don't last nearly as long. However the Trxus had better traction on everything from dry pavement to snow because of the siping and soft tread compound.

7. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have had both of these. The BFG's were on my K5 while the TrXus were on my F250. The BFG's will far outlast the TrXus in my opinion. Keep in mind the weight of the F250 long bed with diesel vs. the K5. The noise of the TrXus is much higher as well. The siping of the TrXus really does help them on wet roads though. When I am in the market for new shoes on my DD I will be going after the BFG's.

8. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Ive gone through 3 sets of BFG's. Now that my 4x4 is not a DD Im thinking of going trxus next. Tho I wish BFG would do some siping to help when wet. Im also thinking of maybe a IROK radial 37x12.5x15

9. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Wow! I've no experience with the BFG's but I can't imagine a mud tire any quieter or smooter than the Trxus.