Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BFG Price increase

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ftn96, Dec 7, 2000.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I just called my local tire shop. My man Craig told me that isnce Michelan bought them and all this Bridgstone choas that they are all outta stock and not getting anymore till Feb 2001. And there is going to be a 6-8% increase, their cost. I guess I'll be going with the grabbers. $160 for 1 BFG 33/12.5/15 M/T. thats just outt amy budget, when Generals are only $102.

I miss my Ex, but my aim is getting better!
    http://mccordhouse.freeservers.com

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I have the General Grabber MT's and I think they are a great tire! Price was right too.

Rene

[​IMG]

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Thats what I've been hearing. After I've spent all my money on the drivetrain. I don't really have much of a choice less I want to wait till June or July. And thats just too long to be riding around with a 4" lift and stock tires and wheels. I can only look cool for so long. LOL!!!!

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I think their reasoning for the price increase is a little sketchy. First of all, Michelin bought the B.F.G. tire division 14 years ago so I doubt they would just now be having a price increase for this reason. Also, how would the Bridgestone/Firestone situation affect the supply of 33x12.50 tires.......I don't remember seeing very many Explorers with stock 33" tires!
    National Tire and Wheel still list a 33x12.50r15 Mud-Terrain for around $136/piece.

5. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

Well heres some more info for you. I talked to the guy at my local Costco and he said BF Goodrich bought all of their Radial AT tires back because Costco was selling them below BFG prices. He said something about BFG wanting to keep their value up by not letting super discount stores sell them to low. They now only carry the BFG Mud tire which is fine because i might just buy those.
    Craig

[​IMG]

6. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Ok, so the dude here sounds like he's trying to pull dic... I mean my chain. Well, but its all good. He may have been including mount and balance. But still, I think I'll be going with Generals do to the reviews and the price. But my wife, get this, she says that she know that BFG's are better adn thinks I should go with them. Man I knew I loved this woman the first time I met her. LOL!!! Hope she's going to help pay for them.

7. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

You might want to check out the Yokohama Geolanders and copmare them to the General Grabbers.

"Lord have mercy on my next thirty years"

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hey man check out the tires and wheels for sale. There is somone selling 5 35x12.5 BFG MTs on white spokes for $650.
    He's in VA.

Rene

[​IMG]

10. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Theres a Dodge Prospector with some TSL (looks like 44's or bigger) in the parking lot at work. It is for sale. Im gonna have to go have a look in a bit. MAybe these tires......NAH!! LOL!