Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BFG Tires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Josh, May 8, 2002.

1. Josh

Josh Registered Member

Ok so I go to discount tires and order some 35/12.5/15's Mudders. They call me the next day and they are backordered nationwide until late June. So I still need some tires - prefferably some mudders, but I need to be able to still make some mileage on them. I'm not a real fan of Super Swampers on the street. Any opinions?? I know you all have many of them.....

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Pro comps got some new mudders out and there supposed to be the sh!t <a target="_blank" href=http://www.procomptires.com>www.procomptires.com</a> XTerrains!!!!

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

gotta go with goodyr MTR's!

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

At first I was going to say ProComp Mudders, but then I read in your Profile that you are in AZ which means Rocks. So I say Goodyear MT/R's They have the 3 ply "durawall" which will hold up better then the 2 ply Procomps on the rocks.

Also I am glad to see another AZ guy on here.

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Swamper has the new TRXUS Radial MT out. They are quiter than the BFG's and have some pretty bad ass sidewall tread as well. Almost a cross between a BFG MT and a Mickey Thompson....you can see them at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.intercotire.com/html/trxus_mt_sts.htm>http://www.intercotire.com/html/trxus_mt_sts.htm</a> They also have a ply rating of 6...

6. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Goodyear MTRs all the way. I love them.

Dan

7. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

BFG tires are notorious for being undersized for what is on the treadwall. I have 31"s which are really 29.5" measured.

8. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

regul MT's had them aboout a year, and they are as quiet or quieter than my buddies bfg all terrains
    pull good and nice street manners, and suppose to be a 45,000 mile tire
    chris

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Wow, I haven't heard of anyone running Regul's in years. I ran a set of 35-inch Regul Trail Blazers on a truck years ago. Those things would really throw some mud! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

The new 37-inch Goodyear MT/R's have my attention now. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

10. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

A friend in town has a shop and ordered me a set installed and balanced for like $120 each
    plus they look good.
    the most important at teh time was the road noise. i had been looking for new tires and stopped in to see him, and he had just put a set of 35's on a chey ifs, and had been trying to sell me on how quiet they were, and i was almost set on all terrains, wheni stopped by that day and i went for a ride in the truck with them, and they were almost as quiet as regular street tires. i was sold and ordered a set that day, and have been real happy

11. blender

blender Registered Member

I heard the same thing when i went looking for new tires a couple weeks ago, Discount, Fletchers and even Sams club said they were back ordered . Went to Desert Rat and they had them in stock, 35x12.5 mudders were 160.00 each.

12. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I think that has been addressed with the KM's. Unloaded my 35 inch KM's are EXACTLY 35 inches tall. Took me 7 weeks to get them but I thought they were back in production and available. I just ordered my spare and it came straight from BFG's factory and only took 6 day's to get here. Still need to go pick it up this week.

13. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

yeah, I would go with a set of ProComp MT's or the Goodyear MTR's. Actually, I would go with the MTR's because I've already had a set of Procomps and want to see what those MTR's are all about...

14. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I've run..
    BFG AT &amp; MT's
    Swamper SSR's &amp; TSL's
    and the best so far was the SSR's, but my next tire is gonna be Goodyear MT/R's /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

15. 73blazerUSMC

73blazerUSMC Registered Member

AHH no no no not Goodyear MTR 's i have a pair and the suck a@@ in mud ill give them dirt and sand cuz they have not failed me there but i get in the mud and they turn to slicks im looking for a pair of 38-39 tsl's cuz i have a friend running them and he says they do good on road and i know for a fact they kick a@@ off road ESPECIALLY in mud my 2c

ps. did i mention i dont think the mtr's are good in mud? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You did, but I had to read it three times to understand.

Of course, a radial such as the MT/Rs that are designed to be somewhat quiet aren't going to be as good as TSL Swampers, but MT/Rs are great mud tires, as are the BFG Mud Terrains.

I personally have the BFGs because when I got mine, the MT/Rs just came out and were REALLY expensive.

My next set of tires will be Swampers, but I do like my BFGs. The MT/Rs are just as good or better than the BFGs, my friends have them in the 35" variety.

No, they're not 39.5 Swampers, but they're great mud tires in the quiet, road-usable, 35" range.

17. Josh

Josh Registered Member

I appreciate all of your opinions, I've got Goodyears commin. It seems that the ouly bad opinion about them is in mud. Seeing as how I'm in AZ I don't think that is much of a problem. Thanks for the replys. I'll let you know how they are after I test them.