Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

im gonna get some new tires. i am thinking about the BFG All terrains. is there a good place to buy them over the internet? what are the prices? any thoughts on tires?

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    "DONT BE PROUD IF IT AINT LOUD!"

2. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

check out local companies, sometimes they can save you over buying over the net because you won't be paying for shipping.
    do a search on tire companies, BFG, and go to 4wheel parts wholesalers to compare prices too.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

3. PattBlue

PattBlue Registered Member

I'm just guessing cause I never bought any on-line, but I think shipping would KILL any deal. Depending on the size Sears has them for about $110.00 each for 31x10.50r15. If thats their price somebody local can probably beat them.

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Find a Discount Tire store, they will have the best prices available, and great service.

Tim

1970 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    1987 Suburban 4X4 350
    1988 Chevy Pickup 4X4 350

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Re: bfg? FYI

I have been involved in the planning of some 4x4 events and here is the deal on BFG A/T's and MT's. BFG was getting a lot of complaints from small tire stores about the big chains like Costco undercutting the prices. Well BFG price fixed these tires to shut them up (sounds illeagle to me) This was out of the mouth of a BFG rep. Deal is that to get the tires the dealer has to provide BFG with a copy of the invoice showing what the customer paid for the tires and it must be above the price BFG has set. If it isn't BFG suposidly cuts off the dealer. Basicly this means that most places will be within a few bucks. recently I was at Costco and they no longer sell the A/T's. So much for competative pricing huh.
    BTW. I have MT's on one truck and A/T's on the other and I am very pleased with them. you won't go wrong with these tires.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

6. archer

archer 1/2 ton status

I'm no tire expert but eveyone here hates the BF all-terrains, They bogg mostly and say the tread pattern is too tight clogs up quickly and you can't sling the mud out. They all love the mud terrains though. I guess it depends on your application. I think the mud t/a's give you a very acceptable ride on the highway. Sears has always edged out the competition and has even been better than mail order in some instances. Just steer clear of Firestone Wilderness AT's, The highway ride is not exactly smooth.

"who dares wins"

7. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Any body have (or know of) a pic with the MT's? I have AT's and I will only have my baby in mud so I thought I would take a look.

8. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

I put a set on a few months age (A/T - TA's - KOHO) and paid about $150.00 a piece (that's Canadian Funds). I've been totally happy with them. I'm not a radical off roader like most of the people here. I need a good tire for the winter, which is coming quickly here in Manitoba.

p.s. - What the ____ does the KOHO stand for???? The dealer said it's a step above the regular T/A.

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

9. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo 1/2 ton status

Phoenix / Peoria ARIZONA. (75thAve/DeerValley)
    Check out http://www.tires.com this is Discount tires website.
    I have BFG AT ko's I am VERY pleased with them! they are great on the road, and off road, and real good on snow as well.
    I live in Arizona so I don't see much MUD. But NO "All Terrain" will do good in mud!
    If you do see alot of MUD the BFG Mud Terrain is also a great tire as well, better off road than the AT, just not quite as good on pavement, a little louder (but still very quiet for a mud tire), and they wont last quite as long.

10. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Try:

http://www.tirerack.com
    http://www.dicounttire.com

I have dealt with the Tire Rack on many occasions and they are good people to deal with! The only downfalls are that you dont get road hazard or a warranty on the tire, you have to go to the Mfg for that or you local dealer. Shipping isn't usually that much thought.

I bought a set of Firestones for my Probe once and hit a bad pothole iwthin a week of having them mounted. The pothole blew out the sidewall and I called the Tire Rack and they sold me a new one for half price. I thought that was nice, they didn't have to do anything.

just my .02 cents!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com