Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BFGoodrich Tire Info

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Depdog, Mar 15, 2000.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Well, dont know if any of you are interested [​IMG] but I emailed BFG today and they called me back. I asked if they had any plans on making a 14.5 inch wide tire in the 33" and the 35". The lady said that they did not offer one now and had no plans on doing so in the future. Looks like my next set may be some Swamper SSR's!

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

If I wasn't getting such good wear out of mine I think I would have switched already. Doesn't seem like their keeping up with the world as far as sizes go. 'bout the only thing you can get in a 16" is factory stuff for the new SUV's. Kinda tough since I was gonna go with 3/4 ton stuff and 16" wheels. Needed something for the street, but I'll be danged if I'm gonna run 31x10.5's with 4" of lift. I really like the set I've got but if BFG don't keep up, I guess I'll have to make the leap too.

Kyle
    89K5

3. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Well Kyle, they actually now have the new BFG A/T KO in a 35x12.5x16 (315/75R16). I said all along that I would give up the Swamper Radials if BFG intro'ed a 35 for the 16 inch rim but now that it's here, 35's look kinda small when you've got your heart set on 36" Swampers! Now if they'd only come out with a 36" or 37" BFG Mud T/A, life would be complete! I spoke with one of their Customer Service Reps before too Depdog and what a waste of oxygen! I wrote asking about future availability of 35-37 inch tires for the 16" rim and she phones telling me that the 1989 Blazer should use a 235/75/R15 Trail T/A!!!!!!! Yeah Right!

Brian
    Still in search of the TBI KING!!

4. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Didn't BFG make a 37" tire a few years back? I think it was a Baja T/A. I guess they couldn't sell enough of the nearly indestructable tires.

5. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't put too much faith in the information you get from so-called tech advisors on the phone. As an example, I contacted Warn a while back asking about the full floating kits for the 10 and 12 bolts, they told me that they didn't make them and had no plans on making them.....well, 1 week later they were being advertised on the webpage...hmmmmm.

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Brian, thanks for the info. I'm looking to have to do 2 sets of tires. I usually put about 800 miles a week on the old girl and a lot of that is sales calls. The BFG's I'm running now are wearing like IRON. I've really considered a set of A/T for everyday and Swamper's for the weekend. Where did you see the tire sizes? Everywhere I've looked I can't find em.

THANKS

Kyle
    89K5

7. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

my set up is stock
    on the factory polished alloys
    they are in great shape...

but iam planning on going with the
    B/F's iam going to look into what i can
    get away with clearence wise...
    most of the front end has been replaced
    so i know she will be able to keep up...

8. Brian 89KBlazer

Kyle

The price is a bit steep, especially for a 35" A/T but National Tire & Wheel has them for $189 each. Bugs me to know that I can get the 36" Swamper Radial for $161 as compared to the A/T but if the A/T will get alot more life out of it, then maybe it's worth it! Sure wish I could afford two sets; then I'd have the A/T's for the daily beat and the swampers for weekends; just like you plan!

Good Luck

Brian

9. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Since I see alot more highway time I've got to have a tire that will take the rain and daily drive. I'll probably have to buy the swampers one at a time over a 6 month time frame. That is if I decide to go 3/4 ton. There's enough arguments on either side to confuse a guy![​IMG]

Thanks

Kyle

10. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

The new Off-Road magazine for May has a rig with 37" BFG tires on - get this - 17" rims. Article didn't say if it was a one-off, only that more and more of them will be seen on rigs. Now, the cost also wasn't discussed, but keep your eyes open for 17 x 10 rims coming soon to a shop near you.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

11. Brian 89KBlazer

I would guess that what you saw is the 37x12.5x17 BFG Baja T/A. This has been around for years. It only costs a around $400/tire!! I don't want a 37 that bad!

Brian

12. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    Wanna talk about 33" bfg's wearing fast, stick 4 of them under a 6300lb blazer running at 32 psi, and you will see my perdictament... I"m trying to figure out what I"m going to do for my next tires... I"m thinking of the steel wheels off a locomotive... Imagine the life of those!

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

13. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Corey, I was going to ask if you rotate your tires regularly. Then I checked your profile and saw all the mods you've made. I understand. Have you ever ran Goodyears? Talk about wearing fast. Ouch! I've had good luck w/my 33"BFG's but I don't carry much and only have a winch on the front. Open diffs might help some too.