Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

BFG\'s

Does everyone here hate BFG's? Seems like most of you are running TSL's or SSL's, maybe a bogger here and there, but no BFG. Is it because they don't clean themselves for crap? Or different reasons?

Jeff

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: BFG\'s

actually there are lots of people here that run bfg's and if they are the mudterain they do great but dont get the allterain they suck

3. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

I run the All terrain, but that's on my heavy duty tow rig only!!! They have great side wall support! Other than that, the muds work well, depends on how much you take the dirt for the gravel!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The M/Ts are great tires, they are good in most off-road conditions, and they last forever. A buddy of mine put them on his 2002 Dodge 2500 4x4 with the Cummins. Heavy damn truck, and they lasted 55,000 miles (He drives over 250 miles/day). I just saw them tonight, they're pretty much wore out, but they still have a little bit of tread left. Pretty amazing for M/Ts on a truck that must weigh what, 7000 lbs? I'm not sure if he ever even rotated them, but knowing him I doubt it.

I had them on my old 92 Toyota 4x4 for about 30,000 miles, I sold the truck with them still on there and they had over half the tread still left, and I never rotated them. Great tires, if I were to buy some not so aggressive M/Ts, I wouldn't even look at anything else. they worked great in mud and sand, never played with them on the rocks, but it's pretty well known that they work well there too.

</font color>

5. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

the only thing I did not like about my BFG's is that they were undersized. It said 31" x 10.5 but they were only 29.5" when measured.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Does everyone here hate BFG's?

[/ QUOTE ]
    BFG is the only tire I run on my truck. And I got somewhere around 60K on a couple of them.

7. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

i have the a/t's right now b/c i got them for 150 for all four, almost brand new. i like the way they ride on the road. haven't had any problem in the sand or light mud. the only thing i don't like about bfg is i don't think they are making big tires. If i am not mistaken, their largest is 37x12.50 i think everyone here who has a problem with them run 38+ tires. mine are only 35.

8. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

Reason I asked is I have BFG's and really dig 'em. I will be putting 35's on as soon as these 33's wear out enough to drop the cash on some new rubber. I am glad that the general opinion of the m/t is high. That is what I am going to buy. The a/t's, which I have now and have had on other trucks, last forever and stick good to the road, but offroad they turn into slicks. Anyway thanks.

Jeff

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have 35" mud terrains and they're great for the road and ok in the mud...but where I go, I should have boggers.

10. j20m715

j20m715 1/2 ton status

I run 35 mt's on my daily driver, and really like them.
    They wear good on the street considering my truck is right at 8000 pounds.
    I use them because they are cheap (price wise).
    I have never had one peal on me.

11. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

Mine were like that too. Said 35" but more like 33". I sold my blazer in 96 and it still has the BFG Mud terrains on it. They will almost last forever.

12. bUrLyBlAzEr89

bUrLyBlAzEr89 Registered Member

i have bf m/t 33's i love them to death and i think the main 2 reasons ppl dont run them on colorado k5 is because A. they only go up to a 37 B. Is not the most agressive tire compared to boggers on rocks and mud but overall performance bfgs are the best in my opinion

13. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I have the new 35 inch KM's. They were just about exactly 35 inches tall unloaded. VERY happy with them.
    My wifed mall cruiser run AT's. My Supra Runs BFG G-Force.

14. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

One more thing about how tough BFGs are, my beautiful S-10 Blazer was rear ended and totaled. What hit me was a dual axle construction trailer loaded with cinder blocks, the impact broke the rear axle on my truck at the differential and shoved the wheel/tire up into the rr fender. The tire was cut bad on the sidewall and never went flat. They were All Terrain T/A KO tires with about 45K on them and over half the tread left. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

15. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I've got 35" AT's on my rig for my daily tires and I love em. I drive my truck pretty hard and the sidewalls NEVER roll under and they're great in any weather.

Back when my truck was "little" I had a set of 33" MT's on it and they were great. They get even better if you take the time to sipe them, that makes a HUGE difference on wet pavement, snow, and on the rocks. I think I got about 40k miles out of them with a few burnouts in there right after I got the locker and 4.56's in (always gotta play with the new toys /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ) and there was still about a 1/4" of tread left on them.

All around consensus is that the BFG's are a great tire. If I didn't get such a good deal on my TSL's I'd be on 35" MT's right now.

16. 6.2L Jimmy

6.2L Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I run them and I love the MT'S.I think they are the only tires I will ever put on my truck.33x12.50x15. Long lasting tires BFG are.
    Mike

17. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.

I've run BFG's for many years...damn good tire!The new KM's ones are even sweeter.I've also crossed the line and liked them new GoodYear MT/R's.Either one and you can't go wrong.Mike

18. acablik

acablik Registered Member

I have had a set of BFG A/T KO's on 2 of my 4wd chevys and they are great. The trucks are used mostly on the road and go up in the mountains and off road about once or twice a month or so. They are a happy meduim for both circumstances. THEY DO NOT SUCK! They make very little road noise and get through some s*@t!That is why they are called A/T's. They are ideal for their designed purpose.

19. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    It said 31" x 10.5 but they were only 29.5" when measured

[/ QUOTE ]
    Almost all tires are like that except for Interco. That's just the way it is.

Also, about the A/T's, yes, they suck in mud, but so does everything else that is not designed for mud. They do rule and snowy, icy roads, though and do real well in the sand. You just have to pick the tire based on your needs.

The A/T and M/T have the same sidewall. They are the same tire, except for the tread.