Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bias Ply VS. Radials

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 8_YOUR_H2, May 18, 2001.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I am sure I could search the messages for someone else who has asked this but oh well. Any way what are the pros and cons of the two? I dont know a darn thing about this subject can someone school me? any personal experiences?
    "B" child

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Radial: Better on pavement, quieter, last longer.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Bias ply is louder, flatspots overnight (the round out after a few minutes), wears faster but they have much stronger sidewalls and they conform over rocks better. What is this truck used for? Daily driver or weekend toy? How much can you tolerate?</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I have heard people who like both, alot of people like the radials and others like 'pureinsanity' and 'blzr4x4ingkid' really like the bias and say they arent bad at all. Guess you have to try them both to get your own opinion?!?! I have M/T Baja Belted now, they arent to great in the little mud that I've been in, but they were on the Blazer when I bought it. I havent really researched it but are they bias or radial?
    Does the "belted" imply belted radial? Maybe thats a dumb question... OH WELL!!

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

i run the bias swampers on mine.ive never used the radials.im extremly happy w/ the regular tsl tires so ill prob never try the radials.ive had hawgs mudders and now swampers,and the swampers are THE best ive had yet!because ive had such good luck i dont see the advantage of the radials.now if i had a bad set,it may be a different story.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer see it at:<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569>http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569</A>

6. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I just drive it to and from work and then to go offroading...

7. Chaotical

Chaotical Registered Member

I use to have M/T HP Baja Belted and I Freaking Hated them ..
    I was all over the road and every rut I hit my Jimmy was folowing it...
    I've been Running the TSL SSR's that I just bought 5 days ago and they are the SHIZZ NIT!!! I have instantly been able to see the difference in handling and stability..
    I tow a 23 ft Boat and My Bias Ply Mickeys made me Grip with both hands and sweat bullets.. Now I'm riding relaxed to the max...
    I love the SSR's 37/ 12.5/ 16 whoo hooo!!
    BIAS.. suck being a road warrior..
    RADIAL SSR's .. GOOD!!!!!

Chaotic Entertainment
    Salt Lake City

8. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

Go with the bias ply's if you're into serious 'wheeling. Too easy to cut down a radial sidewall.

--Rob