Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

big axles question guy!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wheelin247, Sep 12, 2001.

1. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

i have 1/2 running gear on my truck i wanna put 38 inch tires on my truck with a 7 inch lift but that aint the problem i wanna know what i can do to my axles to make it work on and not break becuase i like the ground clearance of the 1/2 stuff.....im thinking of puttin mooser 30 spline axles in there would that help put or ??? i need as much advice as i can get thats alot .

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Aftermarket BEEF!
    Get On ORD's web site and spend 1500 on the front for axels, hubs, differential, hub fuzes to help save thoes 297 Ujoints cuz anything bigger than a 35" on 1/2 ton you are gonna bust a ujoint from time to time. As for the rear new axels and diferential is realy all you can do, well oversized driveshaft too and some kind of truss....
    You perty much need to get rid of the stock guts and go aftermarket.
    Then you will need to learn throtle control when wheeling to help prevent the POP that will occur with thoes big tires....
    Good Luck

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

3. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

ok thanks so u think it might work becuase i wanna kinda wanna keep the 1/2 becuase i like the ground clearance ya know ?

4. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

why not trim a 14b Itrimmed an 1" off mine or go d60 and trim it its gonna be cheaper.

88k5 silverado w4"lift <font color=orange>d44 and corp14ff</font color=orange> with 4.11