Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big Bear Adopt A Trail Cleanup - May 25th

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by kpanza, May 20, 2002.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

So Cal Big Dawgs (and anyone else interested),

This Saturday, May 25th is our first Adopt A Trail Cleanup and Planning run! We will be doing some brushwork, general cleanup, drain cleaning and planning for future cleanup efforts! We will be meeting in Green Valley Lake at 9:00AM Saturday morning. The exact location will be in the parking lot across from the General Store. Greg Hoffman will be educating us on how to care for the forest and our trail. He expects the work to be done by 2:00PM. If he gets our Club Logo signs made by then, we would also post those at both ends of the trail, which would add about an hour.

Please wear appropriate work clothes (boots, long pants, hat, gloves, sunblock, etc) and bring a lunch and water, etc. You can bring your own rakes, shovels, trimmers, etc. Chainsaws will probably only be operated by Greg and myself, and whoever else has the proper "Forest Service Certification" (yeah I know, we all know how to use one, but it is a government liability issue!) Bring whatever tools you feel might help! Depending on when we finish the job, we could maybe run the Deep Creek trail downhill as well as uphill? It is very near the end of our Trail, and the trail usually takes about an hour and half to do? Might be too late, but we can play it by ear.

Also, if anyone is interested in going wheeling Sunday or Monday, please let me know, and if there is enough interest we can plan one day maybe? I do want to do some fishing and relaxing, so I won't be wheeling both days for sure! And I'm sure my dad will have me helping clean up the brush around the cabin, so I might not even have ONE day to wheel! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

So, please let me know if you can meet us Saturday morning! We don't need the WHOLE club there, but I would lke to have a good showing for Greg, show him that we are serious and won't be just another "flaky" club!

See ya there!

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Also, if anyone needs directions:

From Orange County/San Diego/LA:

Take the 91 to the 215 (San Diego guys can just take 15 to 215)...from there, take the Hwy 30 towards "Mountain Resorts". Take Hwy 30 to the Hwy 330 "Running Springs" exit...proceed up the mountain on 330 to Running Springs. At Running Springs, it turns into Hwy 18, stay on highway and proceed. If you need gas, go past Running Springs about a mile and you will see an Ultramar station on the right. Proceed past the Ultramar station on Hwy 18 about another mile and you will make a left turn on Green Valley Lake Road (look for the sign on left after Arrowbear). Take GVL Road 4 miles to the lake...keep going until you hit the buzzing metropolis of Green Valley Lake downtown! ha,ha When you see the General Store, we will be on the left side, next to the lake. Please try to be there at or before 9:00AM!!

If you need to get a hold of me, I will be up at the cabin starting Thursday night late - the number up there is (909) 867-3112.

Hope to see you there!

3. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

So, is no one coming to help? The only members I have heard from are John and Vickie! Is anyone else going? "Anyone, anyone?" /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Headbanger

Headbanger 1/2 ton status

Sorry Keith, but gotta work, otherwise I'd be there!!

5. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Im gonna try and make it, but i do have to work sat night so i won't be pulling a Matt/Dan and staying out on the trails till 11pm, but i should be there, i'll hear about it, but hey she'll just have to deal with it.

6. mule

mule Registered Member

I would but this stearing wheel change out is kicking my ass I just hope to be ready for june