Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big Block 700R4 TV cable linkage

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by a87ss305, Feb 28, 2002.

1. a87ss305

a87ss305 Registered Member

I'm installing a 700R4 behind a big block that is in a 88 GMC with throttle body fuel injection. It originally had a TH400. There is no place on the side of the throttle body for the TV cable to hook to. Do I need to use a throttle body from a truck that origanally used a 700R4? Did GM ever put a 700R4 behind a big block with throttle body injection? Or would one from a small block work? I'm not worried about the injectors as I'm converting it over to Edelbrock's multipoint fuel injection conversion system for trucks.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

GM never put a 700R4 behind any big blocks that I know of. I'm doing a similiar swap and planning to fab up my own linkage mount on the throttle body.

BTW, is your 454 stock? I talked to the techs at Edelbrock about their MPFI kit and they said that it is only for use on stock 454's. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

You guys might want to check this site out they may have what you need: Blazer pics

<font color=blue>Nevada... Where the pavement ends and the west begins

4. a87ss305

Actually it is not even a 454 it is a 427. You are correct about Edlebrocks kit only being for a stock 454. However someone gave me the name and # for a guy in Colorado who for $600 will take your truck and custom burn a chip for it. I called him and explained what I wanted to do and he said it would be no problem at all. He was extremely helpful and helped me pick out the correct cam and other things I would need. I'm in the process of building the motor currently. I don't have the guys number at home here but I can get it for you if you want?

5. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

that site is nice for some ideas, but i couldnt find a kit for a spread bore quadra hog.

beligerence doesn't justify intelligence.
    <font color=blue>wheelers hate posers.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>79k15/400/700r4/205/38.5</font color=red>

6. sinchphoto

sinchphoto 1/2 ton status

bowtie overdrives has a cool setup for the TV cable. Im picking up a kit this weekend at a show.

7. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

There is an adapter from what I hear that you can buy from GM. I'm going to be doing this on my rig when I swap motors and will be trying to get the right part here shortly.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I talked with that guy too. I posted his info on here somewhere a while back. Edelbrock gave me his name. The extra $600 on top of the price of the MPFI setup made the ol' TBI look much more attractive to me. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

9. a87ss305

Any luck with that adapter from GM yet?