Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big block acc. brackets

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Rustbucket, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Registered Member

Where is the best place to find these. Big blocks don't tend to make it to the junkyards around here?n thanks in advance.

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Darnit...........

Fill out your PROFILE!!! Someone down the road might have one in their garage they keep triping over!!!!! We got to know where you are before we tell you to go to FL to get them!!!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Do you need 'em for V-Belts or for a serpentine belt setup? I've got a complete set of brackets and pulleys for a 454 with V-Belts and the big honkin' 70's style a/c compressor.

4. Rustbucket

right now I've just got a line on the engine, it's a 396. My friend has it in his garage. it's rebuilt but that's about all i know right now. I guess the 454 brackets would work. I'll ask him tomorrow. Sorry I wasn't more prepared.

5. Rustbucket

Hey Harryh3, that sounds like what i'm looking for. How much do you want for them? You can e-mail me if you want. Thanks alot

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

There are pics of them installed on my 454 at http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck/454swap.htm $100 plus shipping will get you all the brackets, plus the pulleys for the crank and the water pump. GM wants more than that just for the 2 pulleys. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Send a PM if you're interested. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

7. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

Try eBay, I bought everything I needed to install a 427 in my K5 off ebay. All brackets except AC, AC compressor, power steering pump, alternator, and also the engine itself. No complaints about anything. Dealt with people that have "history" on eBay with a good profile. Watched for an engine within driving distance of home. Prices were good and easy to deal with. Do your homework, know what it is you need. What fits and doesn't fit.