Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

big block headers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bigred86chevy, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Bigred86chevy

Bigred86chevy Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problems that I have had. I have an '87 K30 with a TBI454. I bought DynoMax headers that Jegs claimed to fit my truck. The first problem that I have is the collector hits my front driveshaft everytime I flex. The second thing is the rear spring bolt on my drivers side spring has rubbed a quarter size hole in my new header. These headers were supposed to fit. I know DynoMax isnt the top choice in headers but you would atleast think they would fit better than that. Does anyone know what brand I should get that will truly fit? Anyone else had this problem? ALSO I have a set of DynoMax big block headers for sale. Slightly used HaHa ThisSideUp off-road bigred86chevy@aol.com

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I don't have any firsthand experience with them (yet!), but Shawn Spickler "aka" Potent Rodent swears by Doug Thorley's Tri-Ys...

A while back he posted some phots of the setup on his 496, and he said that they don't hit anything, and they stay tucked up and out of harms way.

It's worth a "search" for the pics if you're serious..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i have dynomax headers on a tbi small block in an 88 k5. they rubbed the frt spring shackles, so i took a come along & pulled them together. not the best fix but it worked. just be careful not to go too far, u will kink the pipes.