Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big Block horse power+D44=........

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Sooo, I met this totally cool chick that seems to be just as obsessed with wheeling as I am...Went out wheelin a bit Friday night, which happened to be my first night time wheeling trip. So what happens when you mix big block horse power with my right foot? I totally stripped one of the spiders in my front D44 of all of it's teeth! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif At first it sounded like a bomb goin off, /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif then kinda like a machine gun. LOL! When I got home I pulled the cover off and there was like 8 teeth and a bunch of bit's and pieces in the bottom of the diff. Sooo, Now I'm on the hunt for another set of spiders. YeeeeeeHaaaaaa!!!! I saved the chunks, so as soon as I get home I'll take some pics. I should have a set of spiders by the end of the day, So I'll get some pics of the stripped spider gear too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Troopie's Tonka has a spare set he might be willing to let go of. drop him a line you might get lucky.

3. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

just replace them with a detroit noslip.314 from drivetrain direct i think.thats what im doing sometime next year.it completely replaces the spiders and locks your front end.

4. Zeus33rd

Traded a torque converter for a set of spiders today....I'll get some pics up soon as I get home...As for the No-Slip, I certainly would if I had the cash. I need a front locker/posi bad. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

lucky sob finding a girl thats into 4wheelin, bummer about the front blowin like that, my rear gov-loc blew in the 10 bolt, so i put a 12 bolt in that i got for free, wit the right gears, go figure.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

so...the important question...

Does she like CARNAGE???

7. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

That sucks, man. I did the same thing with my old D44 except it took out both spider gears, one stubshaft, and both inner axles, along with the axle u-joints. It was with small-block power, but 39.5" tires were too much leverage for a D44. Oh well, at least you found a girl who likes four wheeling /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will

8. Zeus33rd

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    so...the important question...

Does she like CARNAGE???

[/ QUOTE ]

Well guy's...We signed her up here on CK5....So I'll let her tell ya how she feels about "carnage"....

Her name is "ChevyGoddess".....BE NICE! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. ChevyGoddess

ChevyGoddess Newbie

Hey boys whats shakin? Well I guess KidJethro is letting me hang with the big boys!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif So watch out cause you aint seen nothin yet!!! Carnage??? wellllllll lets see ummm yeah I have to say it makes the passenger seat of his K5 look a little different!!!! Only a girls touch ofcourse!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

10. Zeus33rd

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

it was just a thought.my 4 wheel drive is almost non existant so that is why im going to lock em up.

12. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

i know where your coming from with 33X12.50's+350+10 bolt gov lock rear= blown gov loc, i cracked the case in half and hashed some of the spyder gear teeth. so i replaced it with a slightly stronger 12 bolt. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif