Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

big block questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by greg83k5, Jan 20, 2002.

1. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

we picked up a BB for the m715 kaiser this weekend, and now i need to pick the brains of those of you well acquainted with this huge chunk-o-motor......

... camshaft is trashed. that's par for course, from what i remember. what about the cam oilers i've seen? do you guys deem these to be necessary? a good idea?

..... will a sb 350 hei distributor work in a BB???

.....is it actually gonna just drop right into place, or are the mounts different?

..... is there a trick to getting the cam out? it only wants to come out 3/4 of an inch......

.... headers.... anybody got either some stock or aftermarket ones??

thanks,

greg

* keep the greasy side down *

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

The dist will work unless its a tall deck block.

Have you removed the fuel pump and dropped the pump push rod out of the way? That would stop it from coming out, that may be overlooked.

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]
    PIC of mine from flblazers site<a target="_blank" href=http://www.flblazer.alloffroad.com/photo3.html>
    GO</a>

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I am assuming you pulled the ifters out. If you have and you pulled the fuel pump rod then it sounds like the cam is bent and it will probably have to be cut in pieces and taken out that way.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>