Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big Block Swap tips?

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by Bigred86chevy, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Bigred86chevy

Bigred86chevy Registered Member

I have the chance to get three regular cab shortbed 2wd base model 4cylinder pickups from a landscape company. I know I want to make one a 4x4 project with a spare Dana 60, Dana 70, NP205 Vortec 350 and a 4L80 I have sitting around. My question is, one of the other ones I would like to make into a rice rocket killer. I have a complete 454 out of a 70's 1 ton and I was wondering if anybody knows of any websites of people who have done big block swaps into S10 pickups? I know it can be done somehow I would just like to know a few tips and tricks of what other people have done. I would love to pull up to a stop light in a stock looking S10 and leave the punk in the car next to me in a pile of tire shreads. Thanks. Clayton

http://www.geocities.com/bigred86chevy/ThisSideUp

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

you'd basically have to remove the firewall and make a new one. The Small Block S10s I have seen had little to no room between the rad and motor let alone puting a big block in there.

3. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

could move the Rad out back in the box and use electric fans to cool it.

4. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

5. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

BFH to the firewall, vent the hood, and the biggest radiator you can fit afterward.
    my buddy had a ext. cab s10 with a 454 in it. he said it was fast as hell, but always overheated, wasnt much space for a radiator afterwards.

6. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Hate to bring this thread back from the dead but:::

How 'bout putting the engine in the bed (under a toneau) run the power forward to a V drive (or transfer case) then back to a rear axle. Would leave plenty of room under the hood for the radiator :D and enough room under the toneau for maybe a couple of turbos :eek1: Then you might have enough weight in the back to actually get this thing to lanch without resorting to M&H slicks :haha:

The ultimate sleeper......

7. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

hmm...........