Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

big block tbi and performance? upgrades?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Dec 21, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I am starting to get used to the idea of TBI but am wondering from a performance stand point what is available, with the carb I can have a intake, MSD dist, and other doo dads.

But I have yet to hear anything about TBI /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I already have headers and 3 inch pipes with flowmasters..what else?

Of coarse with how I drive this motor will be blown by the time I get it FI'd /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

oh it is for a 454 /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

heads, cam(not real big of course), can put MSD coil with ignition, can run a performance intake and just put a tbi adaptor on it, and uhh can stroke and bore.

3. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I already have a nice intake so thats cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif S for a cam that is a no, maby in my next truck but not for one I take in the rocks /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

lowest cam on everyones list would be fine for rocks, I have a tow cam in my K5 and would much rather have that than a stock cam. Can you say bottom end torque? To run a tbi setup reliably its hard to put a cam that would be bad in the rocks in there.

5. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

http://www.fastchip.com/

These guys do chips for the big block tbi system and gave me some tips to build mine for how I wanted to use it (cam recommendations, heads, etc.).