Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big Boys Playground, Harrisonburg, Va

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by buckmtn, Aug 16, 2006.

1. buckmtn

buckmtn 1/2 ton status

Thought I would post this if anyone was interested. I been a couple of times and its cool for a day of fun.

big boys.jpg

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

hmm....im goin to JMU, ill have to check it out

3. buckmtn

buckmtn 1/2 ton status

We'll have to meet up some time and I'll take you to some of the local wheeling spots. Big Boys is just a few miles north of Harrisonburg. When do classes start there?

4. muddybuddy

im goin down next wednesday. classes start the 28th. unfortunately i cant have a car first year, so the truck is goin to be at home. im hopin to come home every couple week tho and work on it. tranny needs to be rebuilt and im plannin on swappin in a diesel. hope to have all that done by the spring, by then hopefully i can find a way to sneak my truck down there.

i know a couple people who said they would come down to go wheeling so we'll have to echange info and ill get them down some weekend and we can go wheelin

5. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

I might be able to make it. If you see an orange one on 35s and TX tags, thats me!

6. buckmtn

buckmtn 1/2 ton status

Va. Beach is a long way from Harrisonburg. Big Boys is alot of fun, but I don't think I would drive that far.

7. Col_Sanders

I like driving it. I have an 05 Mazda 6s and between the 2, I would rather drive the Blazer around. Just drove about 200 miles for the hell of it. I havent been wheelin in over 5 years so it is worth it to me. I might go do something else this weekend but not sure. I really want to just hit up a trail, find a good camping spot on a river or something and relax for a couple days but I dont know where to go.

8. buckmtn

buckmtn 1/2 ton status

What would be fun would be to come up on Friday evening or Saturday morning and camp out in the George Washington National Forest and do some wheeling then head over to big boys on Sunday. If you look at a map of Harrisonburg find Rt 33 west. Follow that road till you get up in the mountains. There are all kinds of trails of off Rt 33. Couple of lakes up there. The river is probaly real low since we haven't had much rain. Lots of out of the way camping spots. Let me know if you need anymore directions I can hook you up.

9. Col_Sanders

I will get back with you on that later this week. gotta make sure my finances are straight and the blazer doesnt start acting up on me again. been having a couple new engine probs here and there but nothing too bad.

10. Col_Sanders

Not too bad, here are some pics....

[​IMG]

The wife posing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. buckmtn

buckmtn 1/2 ton status

If you do a search in the lounge for new member intro under my member name there are some pictures of me there on page three and four. Looks like you had fun. You ought to come up in the fall when the leaves change and we'll go wheeling up in the mountains.

12. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

hrm, maybe ill have to bring the rig up there one day

13. muddybuddy

sanders, what are the stats on ur rig? looks sweet. ill have my truck at school next year, so ill definitely be there

14. Col_Sanders

Not much special about it yet. Just got 4" Superlift, 35" Pro Comp MTs, FastTrac top, stock 10 bolts for a couple months. All my money has been spent on motor. Got a healthy little 350 under the hood with Edelbrock heads, intake, cam, and headers. Also installed all new U-joints, radiator, electric fans, tranny cooler recently. Getting some custom bumpers built right now and will be reenlisting in a month. With my bonus I plan on getting a lot done including 14ff rear, a built 700r4 since mine is dying, and interior at least.

Moving from VA in December and heading to Florida. Need to get it all done before then.

15. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

Where did you get the top at?

16. Col_Sanders

http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/softtops.htm

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]76 to '91 K5 Fasttrac top with dark tint windows - #553-319-xx $540.00[/FONT]

It takes a couple months to get. This is the black denim one with 3 windows. They will put the windows in the corner if you dont tell them not to.

17. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

a few months is standard shipping time when it comes to ord :P