Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big Bridge

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mosesburb, Feb 26, 2005.

1. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. Suddenly, the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, the Lord said, "Because you have TRIED to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish."

The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want."

The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! It will nearly exhaust several natural resources. I can do it, but it is hard for Me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of something that would honor and glorify Me."

The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand my wife. I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says nothing's wrong, and how I can make a woman truly happy."

The Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four on that bridge?"

:haha: :haha:

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

....I've heard this somewhere before.... maybe on an online BBS system....... based in Colorado....... of which I am a member.......

3. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

:haha: :haha: :haha: Maybe it is because I am way over tired but that is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time

4. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

It would be very funny if it weren't true. Anyone who sees humor in it must not be married.

5. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Funny..........oops, wifey just walked in.................how chauvinist!

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i thought it was funny, so did the wife, its worth a chuckle!